Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got our 1998 E320 4matic Wagon yesterday. Bought from dealership, though no warranty of course. Need advice help with the followings:

1. car did not come with any books. Any pdf of owner's manual for the 98 models out there?
2. fog lamps not working. Not sure why. I will start with the fuse. I was told that the whole lamp (as oppose to the bulb) need to be replaced?
3. power windows work, but not with the express open and close. Is something getting the windows stuck? How to fix?
4. Will check with MB Canada as to whether the harmonic balancer is replaced in this car or not. I would think so though.
5. blower seems to work at max speed. Does that mean the blower regulator is fine?
6. A/C was not working, and the compressor was replaced. I have not checked it yet, but it should be fine now.
7. The magazine in the CD changer gets stuck frequently. Anyone else has this problem and how to fix?
8. Parktronics--turns on, but does not seem to be working. At least not the front.

All small problems. But I'd like to fix them eventually. Any advice will be appreciated. Anything else I should pay attention to?

Thanks.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome to the board

Please advise as to mileage on the car.

Are there any service records to see what was done to it.?

If you just bought it from MB dealership , you should go back to them and have them check the fog lamps, windows as they should fix them on their dime. While there, have them run the VIN number and they can tell you about any outstanding recalls etc or work done as in the harmonic balancer.
You can buy a manual from the dealer also.
Have the tranny fluid and filter changed even though they may tell you it is life time.
What part of Canada are you from ?

I'm sure others will chime in shortly with more info/advice.
Cheers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't look like I can register in the MBUSA site, as this is a Canadian car. Anyone has a copy of the owner's manual outthere?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mileage is 158000km, so that's 100000miles.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
check

the fuse ,check the bulbs,check power to the bulbs(harness fried)multimeter comes in handy.

Sync the windows and sun roof that will cure the lack of express feature.
Run the a/c diagnostics
How to Diagnose Air Conditioning Malfunctions | EclassBenz.com
to see if they fixed it and it runs.
my analog link does not have a 98 but read any of the oldest and you can gleen a lot of info.i.e. sync windows feature.

use 0w40 syn mobil and fleece filters
autohausaz.com and germanstar.net
at 100 k miles it is past time to have your trans fluid and filter changed mb spec only fluid in that 722.6 trans.diy in the diy section
keep all your tires the same size 4matic:)
look at the fun mods:thumbsup:
ohlord:bowdown:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
No recall in Canada on the harmonic balancer. MB Canada does not acknowledge the problem. Change it anyways. The part cost me $130 15 months ago, and my indy did it in about 20 minutes. It is cheap insurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts