Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Having just checked the book value on my 2001 R129 with only 40K miles I can tell you that your brother's getting a good deal ... the low mileage adder can be substantial.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
There was a nice one sold on Ebay today for $11,300, 78k, white, black top, gray interior, nice CarFax, in RI but a southern car. There's still a glut of product out there and big buy - sell gap, which means patience is key.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Really nice car :) Looks to be identical to mine in every way. Hope he does buy it!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My brother, back in MA, is really interested in this car.. He his closing in on a price of $14,250.00.. Any thoughts? I'm thinking he could do a bit better if he were to take a bit more time to look around. Would love to get some thoughts from you guys.

Used 2001 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 Roadster For Sale in Bourne MA | WDBFA68FX1F199705
Well he bought it. They settled in on a price and he made a deposit with the pay-off on Monday after a good going over by an independent MB mechanic. He was also able to get a 45 day bumper to bumper warranty which makes him feel good. I hope he enjoys his as much as I enjoy mine... Of course I'll have better weather to enjoy mine in:)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Looks like a really nice car. Black would probably be my first choice of color in these cars, with my color being a close second.
I'm sure he'll enjoy it!
Plus, he has a brother who's an experienced owner if he has questions!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts