Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after driving my ML for a few days (and nights) I have noticed that the night view of the Navi is horrible!!

I also noticed that the MCS Manual states menu options (such as Display Brightness) that are not present in my MCS. I am fairly tech savvy and can figure almost anything out... but this is driving me nuts!!

Is there a way to "unlock" or "unhide" menu options? Or am I S.O.L?

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
You can adjust the brightness of the MCS screen by adjusting the brightness of the instrument cluster. The two are tied together for brightness settings.

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got that... but it still seems too dark... like the streets are not very visible... and the manual shows a specific setting for Navigation brightness level... setting of 1-10 and its shown above the POI choice I think... at the top of the list in "Display Settings"

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,498 Posts
I got that... but it still seems too dark... like the streets are not very visible... and the manual shows a specific setting for Navigation brightness level... setting of 1-10 and its shown above the POI choice I think... at the top of the list in "Display Settings"
Don't know what year ML you have but on my 05 with the MCS unit (and this is probably true for any year MCS), there's a so called brightness setting (it's really a bright/not bright setting). To access it, turn MCS on, press any of the hard buttons at the bottom of the unit and a line menu will show up at the bottom of the MCS display - it goes something like this: STOP DETR ... and one of them is BRIGHT (I think). That BRIGHT button toggles the screen light intensity between NIGHT and DAY viewing. It may also be dependent on the display intensity level like asianml said, but I haven't tried to link the two yet.

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to find a copy of the manual online or take a picture and show you guys what I am talking about in the manual and whats actually in my system.

I see the bright button on the softkeys...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts