Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 ML320
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The single-speed intermittent wipers on my 1998 ML320 just don’t cut it with all the rain we get in the Pacific Northwest. On most cars, you can adjust the wiper delay to be short or long depending on the conditions. Do the newer 320’s have adjustable intermittent wipers where you can adjust the wipe delay time? And if so, can my early ML320 be upgraded to have adjustable intermittent wipers?

·
Registered
2000 ML430
209 Posts
I also find the wiper settings are a pain in the butt. Every speed is much too fast for most precipitation around here.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,735 Posts
Newer MLs use rain sensor and adjust wiper rate to vehicle speed and amount of liquid sunshine.

There are plenty of options to install adjustable "intermittent wiper kit".

·
Registered
1999 ML320 Elegance, BMW R1150RT, SAAB 9-3
282 Posts
you could just spray your windshield with surfactant rainx or rain shield or equivalent (avialable at wally world, cnd tire, etc ).
really works quite well - you can drive without using your wipers.
i might be less sensitive to this issue as am used to having no wipers on the bmw.

spaying something from a can would clearly (hehe) be way easier and cheaper than a wiper system replacement.

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
394 Posts
The best solution I ever found in VERY rainy/snowy

Juneau, Alaska was the PIAA silicone wipers and their surfactant. The windshield has to be very clean and you have to do a good job of buffing the surfactant in, but you can pretty much do without wipers in all but the worst conditions. If your windshield has scratches and abrasions, the surfactants don't work nearly as well, however. In addition to a good cleaning a real glass polish really helps especially on vehicles that operate where there is a lot of sand and salt on the roads in winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts