Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 ML320 CDI
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never happy with the way things are, I decided to add four lights under the front seats. Two under the front of the seats, and two under the rear of the seats. They are connected to the footwell lights, so they glow at reduced intensity when the doors are closed, just like the footwell lights. The effect when driving is very subtle, but extends the OEM ambient lighting effect to the complete cabin. The attached pics are at full intensity, with the doors open. Total cost, $10.00, and about an hour of time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
.. Two under the front of the seats, and two under the rear of the seats. ..
Not sure what you mean. So, did you do the front passenger and driver seats only or also the seats at the back? I'll wait for you instructions :)

Very creative tarponbeach !! Thnx

·
Registered
2008 ML320 CDI
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what you mean. So, did you do the front passenger and driver seats only or also the seats at the back? I'll wait for you instructions :)

Very creative tarponbeach !! Thnx
Each seat has two lights, one which lights the rear footwell, and one that supplements lighting in the front footwell.

Won't be able to post more pics & writeup till tomorrow.

·
Registered
1997 MB S500
8 Posts
I will be attempting this on the weekend, I'll provide steps with pictures on the followup in csse anyone else runs into this issue.

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
2008 ML350 (Me!), 2010 GLK350 (Wife), 2003 ML-350 (Deceased)
1,571 Posts
Please do, as well as a link to the lights/bulbs you used. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts