Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Job well done.

The doctors who still take low-income Medi-Cal patients are reimbursed for their services at 1985 rates, among the lowest in the nation. They certainly can't afford to have those reimbursement rates cut again just before 900,000 more children enter the Medi-Cal system in 2014 as health care reform is implemented.

The California Medical Association has said that the proposed 10 percent rate cuts will mean that doctors will be reimbursed only $11 per Medi-Cal patient visit even though it costs three times that to provide the service and meet overhead costs. Consider what Dr. William Lewis, past president of the Santa Clara
County Medical Association, told this newspaper last summer about the plight of Medi-Cal patients:

"If they can get established with a physician at all, they have to wait much longer for an appointment and as a result, they are going to the emergency room for routine care that clogs up the ER. This is clearly going to get worse if you're adding people without adding doctors."
We are asking the Legislature and Governor Brown not to implement Medi-Cal rate reductions. They would be especially cruel now that many previously uninsured Californians finally can participate in Medi-Cal, when health care reform is phased in during the coming year.

Liz Figueroa: Medi-Cal cuts in California threaten children's and families' health - San Jose Mercury News

·
Always Remembered RIP
9,476 Posts
$11 per patient? There must be compensation beyond that. It's hard to believe that any doctor would even look in your direction for that amount.

·
Banned
2,439 Posts
Thats what the republicans want to do!!!!(I know jerry brown is dem)

Medicaid reform includes upping the money to doctors so most doctors will wan't to take medicaid. Republicans are opposed to this.

Or did you become a democrat?
Oops! LOL!!!

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Yeah, but I'm as yet unadjudicated, and am trying to get back to work, I don't think I'll ever pass a piss test for my captain's license and I hate sitting around. But you have to wonder about all the less than average bulbs that get shoved through the process and are told to get back to work, when they are really no longer capable. The pain clinics cut them off, their bodies are fucked and they're too stupid to do anything. The overall lack of any jobs outside the service sector, which is mostly physical, leave a whole pile of folks looking for illegal ways to kill the pain inflicted by incompetent docs. Docs who never tell lies and never make mistakes. I love it when they tell me they can't find any clinical evidence of pseudarthrosis and they can't rule it out either, but the constant pain is all up to me to deal with. I know I'm not the only one. I recently stopped taking Cymbalta and found that I regain 2 ours a day, having been freed from the confines of a toilet. My nurse practitioner didn't read the part about loose stool in 2% of test patients. Nappy time.

·
Banned
1,917 Posts
Standardized health care across the board as exists in ontario can. 'ontario health insurance plan' is dissolving quickly

health care has become a doctors income tool stopping the patients health care in its tracks

controlling a persons expiry date unfortunately for the taxpayer is the norm.

doctors are receiving huge 'bonus's' by saving the public purse expenditures which otherwise would be spent to treat the taxpayer sometime referred to as patients.

the castes are being divided up quickly and agriculture county fairs are turning into a federal recruiting drive for the non farming community.

·
Surely A Large Human
35,725 Posts
I know, let's make them all go to the emergency room instead. That'll be better. Or maybe we can get the government to add more doctors, since they control the doctor supply spigot.

Fucking idiot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
mlfun
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing