Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 E550 Cabriolet
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any advice/information on getting a parktronic system added to a CPO car? I just got a CPO E550 and I wanted to get parktronic and it does not have it. I love the look of my car and would be fine with getting the bumpers refitted with parktronic as long as they were the same color as the bumpers and etc. Has anyone done this? How much did it cost? Was it worth it? For those of you with Parktronic, do you like it? Thanks for any info! Robert

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
As no-one with a C207 has any information for you, let me say this.

1. I've got Parktronic on my CLK, and I use it daily when I shoe-horn the car backwards into my garage. I reckon it is a great asset, and it has saved my paintwork many times in public parking lots.

2. From what I've read here, folks do not have much success trying to add a feature that could have been factory-fitted. Generally the internal wiring is not there. Also, the MB Parktronic system - simple as it is, has:
a) an interlock with the gear selector system, because the rear PTS only works during reverse.
b) an interlock with the wheel sensors, as the system is inhibited when the road speed reaches about 10mph.

3. Cutting the 4 holes required in your bumpers for the sensors will need doing with some care, as will color matching the sensors.

·
Registered
2011 E550 Cabriolet
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I did speak with my dealer and they said it is possible but an expensive addition. I'm going to see how it goes first and see if I get used to the size of my car and can forego the sensors. But, I appreciate the response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts