Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh goodness! Well, I certainly don't want it that bad. Thanks for the info.

Todd

No. And at this point in the game you'd be better off cost and headache-wise selling and purchasing a new vehicle than retrofitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Oh goodness! Well, I certainly don't want it that bad. Thanks for the info.

Todd
Basically, just think of the equipment that you'd have to install and wire- the engine start button, new color coded door handles with the buttons, etc. On top of that you have to re-code the computer for that. You'd have to virtually tear apart a brand new car to do this.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Basically, just think of the equipment that you'd have to install and wire- the engine start button, new color coded door handles with the buttons, etc. On top of that you have to re-code the computer for that. You'd have to virtually tear apart a brand new car to do this.
Yep, pretty extensive. After having the feature on my BMW I won't do without it again if I can help it. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but the day-to-day convenience is great.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yep, pretty extensive. After having the feature on my BMW I won't do without it again if I can help it. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but the day-to-day convenience is great.
Yeah it takes a while to develop the habit of taking the key out of my pocket again!:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts