Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to add a clothes/coat hanger in the driver's side in the cargo area. I would like to have a place to hang extra clothes without blocking the rear seat all of the time. I figured that this is the best place that would not block my view from any of the windows while driving.

What would I have to do to make this hanger strong enough to hang an assortment of clothes. I don't think simply screwing into the head-liner/molding materials would hold the weight. I do not want to screw into the sheet metal either.

What do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
85- 280GE /95- G320 / 08 - G500
125 Posts
Do what I do...wear T-shirts. On a serious note,if you have the rear jumpseats you could probably make a "L" bracket of some sort and either bolt into the exiting seat mounts or backrest portion thereof. Just a thought. I know on my W460 that the upper molding/lining has gaps by which there is a same color fabric in between giving a continuity could be a place for a screw and hook.
Mike

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Desertstar - 4/18/2006 1:36 AM

Do what I do...wear T-shirts. On a serious note,if you have the rear jumpseats you could probably make a "L" bracket of some sort and either bolt into the exiting seat mounts or backrest portion thereof. Just a thought. I know on my W460 that the upper molding/lining has gaps by which there is a same color fabric in between giving a continuity could be a place for a screw and hook.
Mike
I don't have any of that...

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
i think the headliner is actually surprisingly thick... that said, i'd probably try to use moly-bolts... i think that's what they're called. They expand on the back side to distribute the force. Essentially they compression load instead of relying on the threads to hold something in place. I think they're often used with sheet rock.

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ewalberg - 4/18/2006 4:35 AM

i think the headliner is actually surprisingly thick... that said, i'd probably try to use moly-bolts... i think that's what they're called. They expand on the back side to distribute the force. Essentially they compression load instead of relying on the threads to hold something in place. I think they're often used with sheet rock.
Do you have any idea what I should use as a hanger?

Or should I find another handle (aka Holy Shit Handle), and make it the same as the rear seats?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts