Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been to my local dealer twice asking if my 2001 c320 can have the COMMAND system added and they continue to say no. I've read several posts on this site and many people said they think it possible. Does anyone no for sure??? I really want to add a tv/navigation system and an a/v switcher to control other units. Does the COMMAD have an a/v input on it for additional sources? <br> <br> The other system I'm looking at is the Kenwood kvt-911dvd with the navigation. Does anyone have that set up and if so h would you recommend the kenwood or the factory COMMAD? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The US version of COMAND does not support TV. The Euro version does but I am not sure if it is PAL only. You might try doing a search over at mbworld.org. There has been a lot of discussion there, and I think one person has added COMAND to an E-class. There is a new DVD based COMAND for the new E which you *might* be able to install in a C.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been told by a dealer in germany that the Comand system CAN be added, but you lose the Steering wheel controls.<br> <br> Also, with the Alpine unit, there is a special Steering wheel interface for the Sat Nav unit.<br> <br> TV tuners apparently don't work too well anyway???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts