Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
C280 '97, SLK55 BRABUS AMG '05, ML350 '06
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, ok i know there been some post about this but most back in the days and way i see not fully documented so hopefully some one can help me out.
I got this toy car mostly as it looks like new, like really never been drven besides 11 years old but few things missing on it in order to be able to drive in NYC such as back up and parking sensors, i cant possibly park without them given that i drive SLK on normal days.

So my HU does not have green farka connector so i assume Pins 1+7 are my camera outputs. HU has empty connector slot Type A on the back and according to some pix 1+7 pins are from there (i ordered that connector and will crimp it with camera outputs for testing.

Now there is a WIS document pe54.65-p-2102-97maa which references pins 1+7 and it also says camera power goes from line N66/10. I'm electronic engineer and automotive wiring schematics drive me nuts :) Is N66/10 located on the same connector?

Does any one know what the pin out of the connector? Like i have 12 positions connector i want to see what other functions it has?

Electronics Technology Electronic device Computer hardware

Electrical wiring Wire Cable management Cable Electrical supply

· Registered
2012 GL 450 4Matic
1,203 Posts
Hi, ok i know there been some post about this but most back in the days and way i see not fully documented so hopefully some one can help me out.

I got this toy car mostly as it looks like new, like really never been drven besides 11 years old but few things missing on it in order to be able to drive in NYC such as back up and parking sensors, i cant possibly park without them given that i drive SLK on normal days.

So my HU does not have green farka connector so i assume Pins 1+7 are my camera outputs. HU has empty connector slot Type A on the back and according to some pix 1+7 pins are from there (i ordered that connector and will crimp it with camera outputs for testing.

Now there is a WIS document pe54.65-p-2102-97maa which references pins 1+7 and it also says camera power goes from line N66/10. I'm electronic engineer and automotive wiring schematics drive me nuts :) Is N66/10 located on the same connector?

Does any one know what the pin out of the connector? Like i have 12 positions connector i want to see what other functions it has?

View attachment 2184385

View attachment 2184393

Do you have a kit already. Mid city engineering had a kit if you plan on adding an OEM type camera. They also sell a parking sensor kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe kit form Mid City is $800 which i dont think it worth the money given that Android HU with camera support cost $300 :) And i think MB HU suck big time. And also I dont fully like quality of Mid City products, i have remote start form them i found bug where is send noise to can lines and in what 5 years they still have not reply to me :)

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does any one knows where to activate camera in SDS? I have newer XENTRY i went to Rear-SAM I see backup camera I obviously can not communicate to it as its not activated. I dont see any options in control module adaptations. :(

· Registered
2012 GL 450 4Matic
1,203 Posts
I believe kit form Mid City is $800 which i dont think it worth the money given that Android HU with camera support cost $300 :) And i think MB HU suck big time. And also I dont fully like quality of Mid City products, i have remote start form them i found bug where is send noise to can lines and in what 5 years they still have not reply to me :)

That's why I opted for the AVIN unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AVIN looks nice not cheap though with MOST. I might look into chinise versions to see if they support MOST and speedo display. .... and forger about camera retroft :)

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ehh this will end up punting more electronics then car cost :)
im designing my own 4k screen HU for other car if navi for this cost $800 for hardware i might look at my own unit that cost me about $1500 lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.