Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SL55 AMG
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that Cartronics.com is out of business, what are my other options for getting an Aux port installed on my SL55 so I can plug in my Slacker radio unit?

·
Registered
1992 500SEL, 2003 SL500
29 Posts
I'm not sure if it lasted that long but my 2003 R230 has an aux in socket in the glove box. My Sirius plays through there.

·
Registered
2003 SL500, 2005 ML500SE, 2005 CLK500 Cabriolet Avantgarde
249 Posts
Fortunately I have AUX in the 03 SL500, but I looked at various options for the ML. Many of the options included removal of the CD changer and replacing with SD card or mp3 player. As I wanted to keep the changer, I used this device from iSimple, called the TranzIt - IS77. Click here. Not sure if it works for the SL though. But it works pretty well on my 2005 ML500. It connects to the radio antenna. You select an FM station and the sound is pretty clear.

I have heard some complaints about FM audio transmitters, but this one seems to work well. Here are some other options from the same company. You can also do a search for your specific vehicle. Click here. I think the Bluetooth A2DP streaming model is a particularly attractive option. Here is a great review.

·
Registered
2005 SL55 AMG
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1992 500SEL, 2003 SL500
29 Posts
Thanks for the reply's.

The pac-audio GW52MO2 looks like it would work in my 2005 SL55, anyone have it installed in their MB??? ::::

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

Anyone try one of these head units in their MB?:::

6.2?HD Car DVD GPS Nav Bluetooth TV player for MERCEDES BENZ SL Class R230 | eBay
It just looks SSSOOOO right! But my guess is the documentation, tech support, GPS updates would be just about non existant. I sent them a pretty simple question and got back an answer that did NOT allay my fears. One of the comments refers to bypassing the factory stereo. That usually NEVER works due to the Fiber and the Bose Ring. That's just me. I have been burned by the Chinese before. I hope someone legit answers back with some good news. I just use my AUX in and my stick on TT GPS. That way when I sell I get to say original.:)

·
Premium Member
'92 MB W201 2.3, '10 MB X164 GL550 4Matic, '14 MB W218 CLS550 4Matic
913 Posts
Chinese Head Units for R230

After doing some research it appears to me that these units are for earlier R230 models and not for Fibre systems and the user shall be forced to upgrade to an after market set of speakers and an amp.

The dimensions of the unit is smaller than what we have in 2005 and up MYs

Again that's just me because I have sent the same questions to 5 different vendors; 3 of them confirmed that I have to upgrade the wiring and neglect the fibre which means a new amp that leads to speakers change due to Ohm matching problems

On another note, I found that I have Sirius in my system and I just made a subscription during the weekend and it works like a charm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts