Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Many MBZ, Couple of 911s, couple of pick ups
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Looking for advice and guidance in adding an iPod/ Aux input on an MBZ OEM Audio10 unit.
Is this an Alpine or Becker unit. I am assuming it is a Becker unit since it is stamped made in Hungary.

I can not seem to find a plug and play adaptor cable for this application.

Thanks

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
If you're looking for a 3.5mm stereo plug, if your car has it, it is probably on the left side of the glove compartment, and may be under a plastic cover.

If not, I like the Dension iPod integration; you didn't give us the year or model of your car (it makes a difference), so I'll just give you the Dension website and let you browse. Be sure you check the compatibility information!!

iPod Car | iPod car Adapters | iPhone Car Kit | iPhone Car Adapter | Hands Free Car Kits - Dension

I installed a Gateway 500 5 years ago, and love it; newer models are out now, but you can read about it at http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audio-telematics-forum/1319829-gateway-500-most-not-ready-prime.html

·
Registered
Many MBZ, Couple of 911s, couple of pick ups
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Audio 10

The Audio 10 unit I have is going to be installed in my 1988 300 CE. I currently have a Becker Grand Prix with a CD changer hooked up to it. An iPod hook up and single CD player is what I am aiming for.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
Can't offer much help there - but the Dension Gateway units are for fiber optics installations, and would not be for your '88.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can i install this on an E200 2004 Merc? Would love to have an Aux/IPOD dock where i can play music on the car speaker system. Thx M.

·
Registered
1998 CLK 320 Elegance Auto
46 Posts
I installed a parrot MKi 9200 which adds butetooth and ipod interface with remote control to mine.

Simple plug and play.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
Can i install this on an E200 2004 Merc? Would love to have an Aux/IPOD dock where i can play music on the car speaker system. Thx M.
If by "this" you mean the Dension Gateway 500 mentioned in the link at post #2, I believe so; as suggested for tewfiks, go to the link and check the available devices and the compatibility tables.

·
Registered
1997 S420
341 Posts
I got a Male to Male 3.5mm cable, cut off one end and soldered the wire on the PCB of the radio. If you would like the solder points and further instructions, let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a Male to Male 3.5mm cable, cut off one end and soldered the wire on the PCB of the radio. If you would like the solder points and further instructions, let me know.
Hi Krician, yes i would love to have this information. Is it hard to remove the radio? martin

·
Registered
1998 CLK 320 Elegance Auto
46 Posts
Galifrey - are the instructions available to do the wired connections?
Not sure I understand what you are after? It comes with a harness that bisects the cable from the car to the headunit.

The wiring diagram is on the parrot website in the support section.

·
Registered
1997 S420
341 Posts
The radio needs keys. And MAKE SURE you have the radio code. The keys can be made, obtained from the dealer, or online. Let me know when you're ready.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts