Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E55 / 2003 G500 / 2011 BMW M3
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at adding a self powered Infinity Basslink Subwoofer to my Premium Bose system in mt 2000 E55.

Anybody done this ?

Since the amplifier is behind the carpeted panel in the trunk, and the battery is under the rear seat - should be pretty straightforward using rear woofer speaker level lines - no ?

Any help is appreciated.. THX

·
Registered
2000 E320
173 Posts
I did a similar setup with a JL MonoBlock amp and JL 10W6 sub. Yes, getting power from the...

I did a similar setup with a JL MonoBlock amp and JL 10W6 sub. Yes, getting power from the battery is very easy. And, insteading of tapping the amp for the signal, I just soldered straight to the Bose free-air subs in the rear deck which are easily accessible from the trunk. The JL amp has high level input and and automatically turns on and off when it senses a signal from the free-air subs that I tapped. Works like a charm. I also fiberglassed my JL sub into the side cubby in the trunk so it looks OEM.

·
Registered
2000 E55 / 2003 G500 / 2011 BMW M3
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
powered sub addition ...

Thanks for the feedback...

I'll check out the JL subs too.

The Infinity Basslink has speaker line level inputs too, so sounds pretty straightforward - so, you did not connect your sub to the rear BOSE amp at all - just connected to the battery, and line level to the rear subs - sounds easy.

Think the powered sub will really make a difference - the Bose system sounds great to me in the midrange, but weak down low, and up high. Probably next project will be to add some 3" (?) tweeters to the front doors - wonder if the wiring is already in place ?...

·
Registered
2000 E320
173 Posts
1" tweeters is what you'll want to add up in the A-Pillar. Wiring is not in place....

1" tweeters is what you'll want to add up in the A-Pillar. Wiring is not in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts