Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe anyone can help...<br>
<br>
- The microfilter on the C320 seems not as good as that in the BMW 328 I had before, I get quite a lot of dust in the car, while the BMW was spotless all the time. Anyone noticed anything similar?<br>
<br>
- The active filter... when does it come on? It should come on automatically when it detects pollution - when would that be? When should/could I turn it on manually? Since it keeps its on/off setting after turning the car off, it's dangerous that way... I have driven for a week with it on before I noticed. :) Any comments on this?<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Michael<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RTFM ;)<br> I have had same thoughts about filtering<br> system, until i've decided to read again and<br> understand how they are saying in the manual.<br> Active filter is normally off. It turns on<br> automatically until two conditions<br> - ACC in 'auto' mode (does not work in EC)<br> - filter button turned on all the time (LED lit).<br> Then it will turn on based on the quality of<br> air that enters passenger cabin (NOx HC and<br> dust content afair).<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meaning...

Meaning I should leave it on (LED lit) and then it decides when to actually work? Surely that is not what you mean?<br> <br> Or do you mean it turns on itself (and the LED) when needed? Dus sure does not seem to do that - I;ve never seen the LED come on by itself.<br> <br> Michael<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Meaning...

It's the first one. It decides itself, when in<br> Auto mode. That's from manual. Maybe i've got it<br> wrong, but i haven;t figured out yet how to turn<br> this filter on manually. In contradiction, you<br> can of course manually enable air recirculation.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mysteries revealed

OK, so i've decided to read manual once again:)<br> Now i have clear view how those things really<br> work. Here it comes:<br> <br> When you press 'filter' button (the led is lit)<br> filter comes automatically ON, no matter of<br> other air conditioning settings, and stays<br> ON for all the time. BUT, if ACC is in the 'auto' mode and filter is ON, system will automatically<br> switch to recirculation mode when it detects<br> excessive air pollution. Not filter itself,<br> but recirc mode!!<br> <br> So basically i think that it is good idea<br> to have 'filter' button enabled all the time.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DZIÊKOWANIE

I hope that means thanks. I guess your reading the manual a third time helped me understand it a bit better too.<br> <br> Michael<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: active filter

Do you think it's ok to turn it on all the time?<br> I am afraid the carbon thing run off quite fast<br> btw what is the normal interval to change the carbon

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: DZIÊKOWANIE

Wow, man! I'll be not surprised if your<br> polish is better than my english:)<br> I really hate to read any kind of manuals.<br> I'm avoiding that because i really enjoy<br> discovering things by myself. But sometimes<br> there's no other way;)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: active filter

I've had active charcoal filter on W202 and as far i remember, i was changing it every 10Kmi (15-16 k kilometers) because it just looked dirty after that. On the old C-class, anti-pollen filter<br> was connected into circuit all the time, there<br> was no option to turn it on/off.<br> I believe that filter on W203 is changed with<br> every A and B service, there are no fixed<br> deadlines where things have to be changed.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: Re: Re: active filter

For what it's worth, my dealer told me to just leave the button on all the time. He said they change the filter at every scheduled service, so you might as well leave it on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts