Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i was going home on a major boulevard when i noticed a Lexus GS400 trying to take a chance at a T crossing. So i did a curvebehind the Lexus. At that same time on the order side was a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX trying to turn into that street.Coming the same direction behind the Lexus. ia second that Lancer was in front of me. I had little time to take action which i had no room, due to incoming trafic I slammed the Lancer backdoor and rear fender.

Now awaiting my insurance decision who's fault is it. Meanwhile i'm looking for a new front fender, bumper and turn signal. The car is ok everything works.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 S600 W140 and 2002 S55 AMG W220, (previous: 1989 560SEL and 1995 / 1996 S500)
4,224 Posts
ouch! Glad you are ok. If you get new corners, you should upgrade to cleared corners. They will look better.[:)]

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320 with 351,000 miles
1,737 Posts
Ouch!

That should be pretty easy to fix though. Glad you're okay.

·
Registered
1996 Silver C36
543 Posts
Curacao,

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. But an accident with no injuries; well it is difficult to complain.

It does look like an easy fix with the damage confined to the fender and bumper, a corner light replacement and paint. Your baby will look like new in no time.

·
Registered
E200KOMPRESSOR
345 Posts
It's a realy bad feeling,and the first thing comes up on your mind after a crash like this, the minute you step out of the door, is to get out of it only with a few scratches on your bumber[|)]Sorry for the bad moment eddie[:(]

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not even feel the bump when i het the other car. I just stopped. I just finish picking up my daughter from school. She asked me why did we stop daady. She does not even know(aware) that there was a accident. Both of us had seatbelt, she was sitting in the back seat.

Today i manage to re-install the headlamp filler and the corner light (turn signal) also i slip the bumper back inside the bracket. Here if the police catch you driving missing one light bulb, you're in trouble.

I got my quoation from two dealers. One, which i can (include)replace the two headlights with two smoked corners and a new grill. The other everything original as it is. One corner light, side fender, headlamp filler, and a new bumper.

Since this is a complicated accident, the insurance company is investigating. The othe guy was driving in the opposite direction to go around the back of that Lexus in to that street, while i was coming the correct way, also behind the Lexus.

Meanwhile the car runs fine, like nothing happened. The MB Body Shop Tech told me, if it was a W203 you probably had more damage due to the material of the car. W202 it self was a expensive car. The W203 is less expensive because of the material used. To compete with other manufacturer. And it is also 100% recycleable, while our W202 is not, they could handle damage or driving envoriment.

I will keep you guys posted.

Eddie

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good News!!! I'm getting a whole new front. Two new headlights mine are getting yellow. Smoked corner lights, mine are fading and has small cracks from the sun. A new fender, new grille, new head light filler (2) complete new bumper. My dealer says to upgrade with a C43 AMG kit. What does you guys think?

Eddie

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally the Insurance company is processing my claim, (Since it was not my fault)i'm scheduling a huge check up service on my car. Today i bought everything i need for a big service (Oil - Fuel - Air Filter- Synthetic oil - Transmission - Brake oil - Washer fluid and engine decreaser) After that a full electrical test. My battery is good and i have four new tires. The last a full cleaning and detailing. And of course fixing the car after the accident.

Eddie

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320 with 351,000 miles
1,737 Posts
Sweet man, sounds like you came out on top! Love it when that happens. The C43 AMG kit would look really good, I hope you get it.

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just ordered a new AC Compressor from the Netherlands. Only Euro 540,00. Mine started to make a rattling sound (the clutch)so, instead of fixing it, drop in a brand new one. My Dealer asks for US$. 1,550,00 from the MB Parts Department. While i got it cheaper from a local MB Dealer in the Netherlands.

Eddie

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz C 220 CDI Elegance Selection
18 Posts
Please no AMG-kit!!!

You have a beautifull 280 and you should be proud at it:p
It ruins the origin of this, beautifull, car

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally. The parts are arriving. I'm getting a new fender - new bumper with the headlight filler. Two new Headlights and two new trun signal and a new front grille.

After i refitted back my corner light and it works. This is how it looks now.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz C 220 CDI Elegance Selection
18 Posts
Hi Eddie,

I was wondering, how is your car doing? Hopefully repaired and without AMG-kit?:p

Cheers, Nick

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My car still runs excellent execpt for the oil leak. After the accident my dealer check the car on the computer and showed no system errors. I even had the car in for a full service and full system diagnostic check. Everything is good.

Eddie

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The corner light set (Smoked) and my two headlight has arrived including the headlight filler (RH).

The new grille - front bumper and the RH Fender will arrive this week.

Eddie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts