Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 C-280. & 2000 SL500
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my 99 SL for a 2000 SL500 With SL1 and SL2 options. Two things I have noticed, the brakes must have MetalMaster pads because they grind audibly and require higher pedal pressure. I put those pads in a Porsche 911 had the same symptoms and removed them in 2 days, now I will do the same on the SL. Anyone else have this experience?
The second item I noticed, when moving along at 2000 RPM and you take your foot off the gas pedal the car just keeps on going with no drop in speed. I checked the adjustment at the potentiometer and it is OK. Where do I go from here?

·
Registered
MB SL600, MB 380SE, Suzuki Grand Vitara, 38' Chris-Craft, Volvo V70XC, and my own two feet...
4,131 Posts
Traded my 99 SL for a 2000 SL500 With SL1 and SL2 options. Two things I have noticed, the brakes must have MetalMaster pads because they grind audibly and require higher pedal pressure. I put those pads in a Porsche 911 had the same symptoms and removed them in 2 days, now I will do the same on the SL. Anyone else have this experience?
The second item I noticed, when moving along at 2000 RPM and you take your foot off the gas pedal the car just keeps on going with no drop in speed. I checked the adjustment at the potentiometer and it is OK. Where do I go from here?
Yikes, that's a little scary...

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts

Hi John, congratulatons on the new ride! :)

It sounds like a sticky throttle plate (butterfly) however on a 2000 model it is possible but it is unlikely. Next thing I would consider is to check the throttle linkage mechanisms for free movement or play, then go from there. I could be wrong but I can't think of any commonly known electronic issues that would directly cause what you are describing, unless it could be a malfunction related to the ETA/ETA wiring, or the potentiometer itself.

Please keep us updated with any findings!

Best Regards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts