Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a newbie question:

I know that 300 d turbo are a little sluggish when it comes to acceleration. Is there anything I can do to increase acceleration. Also, anything I can do to make the trans shift a little smoother, or should I leave it for the professionals?

Thanks for your patience

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
After you’ve made sure the valves are adjusted, the engine’s purged, there’s no algae in the tank or tank strainer and the filters are new, there’s always the ALDA adjustment. Do a search, there’s ten tons of info.

The transmission my need a new filter and ATF, the bowden cable may need adjustment or the vacuum lines need to be repaired or replaced – do a search for ‘modulator’ as its correct adjustment is essential for proper transmission performance.

·
Registered
Benzless for now...
1,558 Posts
If you're careful and do it right, it is very easy to adjust your boost pressure. Also, propane fumigation can give you up to 40% more power if done right. Both of these mods require that your engine is in good condition and the valves are properly adjusted. Search this board, you will find plenty of info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts