Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My E55 -99 behaves a bit strange. Maybe it´s supposed to behave like this. I don´t know. That´s why I ask you guys. <br><br>
I have noticed that in low rpm:s and full throttle the engine feels a bit strengthless. It feels just like some kind of throttling (just as if the engine doesn´t get enough fuel). It doesn´t matter if the ESP-switch is on or off. I know that all this tourqe shold feel a lot more than it does. <br><br>
When the engine reaches about 3000 rpm I can feel a big diffrence. Then I really feel all the engines tourqe. <br><br>
Should the car behave like this? Or does anyone know how to do to get full effect from the beginning? Maybe reprogramming the cars computerbox (chip)?<br><br>
I hope that I have made myself understood. I´m from Sweden in Europe and doesn´t know english very well.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and you're in the S and not W mode correct?

There were some issues with some 99 E55 requiring a newer software update for better shifts. Perhaps you should ask your dealer to see if they have the latest software update on your car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: and you're in the S and not W mode correct?

yes, something is wrong. There is in my 01 a maybe 1/4-1/8 or less second hesitancy after pushing down all the way on the gas, but it absolutely takes off from that point. Checking the software sounds like the right thing to do,and maybe the dealer would let you drive another e55 if it's around. I'm in new orleans if you wanted to try mine. [email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Acceleration

I have the same thing happen sometimes. I attribute it to the car's stability control. Even with the ESP off, the computer will attempt to prevent a spin, so it cuts back the throttle and applies individual brakes to prevent a spin out. If you apply less throttle initially until you get moving a bit, then full throttle I think you will accelerate faster.<br> rich, '01 E55/black/charcoal

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When cold, yes.

Have the same trouble when the car is just started and cold. Really poor running under 3,000 rpm, then off like an Exocet.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: When cold, yes.

As far as I understand, the ECU will retard the timing (ignition) when the engine is cold. Reason: to accelerate temperature increase to operating range hence reduce emmision. Retarding timing will reduce power from the engine.<br> <br> HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts