Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the new AC doesn't work because it's wired differently. The original (same number as the reference for the OEM on my invoice, so they had it right)has 3-pronged plug; one wire comes from the clutch , two wires (red and white) come from the rear of the compressor (rear switch? that's what the invoice says, anyway). The new one has only one wire (thus one prong only) coming from the clutch. I'm going to call the guy I bought it from (Compressors International in Van Nuys, CA) and see if I can cross some wires, or if they have some sort of an adaptor...

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: AC update! Round 2 (hopefully, of 3)

well, two wires going to the rear switch go to... the rear switch. I was supposed to transfer the old switch to the new compressor. Gee... thanx for telling me this after the new compressor is installed! ;-)) well, I'll post an update after I'll do it and , I hope, start the ac.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: AC update! Round 2 (hopefully, of 3)

Well, at this point it's a matter of principle (and annoyed wife). I just can't believe nobody figured it out. Of course, that's the same mech who split my INSIDE pipe on the exhaust pipe joint (my '88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer), because they were too tight. So now when I tighten the clamp, the inside pipe gets smaller, the joint gets loose, etc, etc...<br> I shoulda known betta!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.