Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190D 1985 (W201)
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.
It's me again with my Mercedes Benz 190D 1985 (automatic trans)!!
I knew the AC was not charged. But one friend insisted to me ton charging it at least with one R134 can so we could check if it was ok.
On the past the car was converted in to R134A, so we add a can in to the system, I knew the compressor was not gonna work if it doesn't have pressure in the system. So after adding that can the compressor started working but.. unfortunatelly my air blower sometimes work and some other times wont work, like today after adding that can. it didn't work..
The tubes near the fuse box were pretty cold so I decided to take the car for a ride and open the outside air vents with the AC on and as going faster, of course, I felt the cold air comming from the vents and then.. as magic, the blower started to blow!! The car was REALLY stupid and SLOOW when accelerating after a light or stop. Is it Normal? It was too much for me, even manually shifting it. The other thing is that I shut off the the AC and everything, the compressor seemed to be still working. By right now I CAN'T turn it off and the car's still REALLY SLOOW! The auxiliary fan is working ok.
Any thoughts??!! How to make it turn off when requested??

Oh.. also I think the AC was not cooling as cold as during the first moment, I think it's leaking but at least I know the compressor is ok..

On the side vents (near both front doors) are always blowing heated air.. somebody told me might be the water valve behind the wiper motor (behind the firewall)..

Hope you guys can help me to figure out what's going on with my car! It's driving me crazy. Anyways I LOVE it! :D

Greetings.
:surrender:

·
Registered
'87 190E 2.6
186 Posts
Well to turn it off you *could* just disconnect the pressure switch.

Just behind the drives headlight you will see the dryer/accumulator. There are a couple of pressure switches there, disconnecting one wire from each switch should turn off the compressor until you can get a better idea of whats happening.

HTH.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts