Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some advice for people in the UK needing their AC re-charged:

I have been needing to get my AC gas re-charged and so phoned around and the best place I found was beleive it or not KwikFit! So I took it down there today and they plugged their machine in which I beleive is the same one that the dealers hire and use anyway. And after 1 hour and only £44 later, my car was done, it was fully cleaned, checked for leaks, and recharged!

Now I thought I have heard that Mercs AC are not that icy cold?, but I beg to differ as you can now call me Mr ICE because my car is freezing cold inside !

(Also one other little bonus, was that I got see my ride being driven and boy she looked good,! lower then I thought because we always take photos with no one sitting in our cars, and when you have a person weighing down the car it looks even better ! im glad I didnt go lower!)

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Some advice for people in the UK needing their AC re-charged:

I have been needing to get my AC gas re-charged and so phoned around and the best place I found was beleive it or not KwikFit! So I took it down there today and they plugged their machine in which I beleive is the same one that the dealers hire and use anyway. And after 1 hour and only £44 later, my car was done, it was fully cleaned, checked for leaks, and recharged!

Now I thought I have heard that Mercs AC are not that icy cold?, but I beg to differ as you can now call me Mr ICE because my car is freezing cold inside !

(Also one other little bonus, was that I got see my ride being driven and boy she looked good,! lower then I thought because we always take photos with no one sitting in our cars, and when you have a person weighing down the car it looks even better ! im glad I didnt go lower!)
See.. I told you Kwik Fit was the way forward. :)

Did they change your pollen filter as well? When they pulled my old filter out, it was COVERED in shit..dust, leaves, pine needles, grit - all sorts!

My old filter was also the cause of a stale odour that was coming from the vents. It's all good now.

Glad your happy with the results!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See.. I told you Kwik Fit was the way forward. :)

Did they change your pollen filter as well? When they pulled my old filter out, it was COVERED in shit..dust, leaves, pine needles, grit - all sorts!

My old filter was also the cause of a stale odour that was coming from the vents. It's all good now.

Glad your happy with the results!

:thumbsup:
Thanks for the advice !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts