Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 C320; 17" AMG 5-split-spoke wheels with Michelin PS2 tires
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took it to the dealer a month or so ago and they recharged the freon. Worked fine till this weekend. Now it won't cool the car again. $200 for the repair. Will this just keep happening?

UPDATE:

I took it to the dealer today. They put dye in the freon when they charged it up last time, so hopefully they can find the leak if that's the problem. If it's a leak I've got a buddy to show me how to charge it up myself and put in more dye if they can't find it. If they find it, I'm going to have them fix it. If they fix it, hopefully since I told them that I'd charge it myself, they'll just do it (last time I told them I was going to do something myself, they did it for $5 or something else ridiculously small).

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes-Benz S500. Sold: 2000 C230K, Sold: 1997 Porsche 944S
1,271 Posts
Go back to the Dealer.
It might be a simple loose wire. Or something real simple.
But DO NOT authorize them to do additional repairs without your consent.
I've had it happen to me...one day its working....a week or so later it goes down...I go back to repair shop and its a 1-2-3 repair, no charge
Cross your fingers!

·
Registered
2002 C320; 17" AMG 5-split-spoke wheels with Michelin PS2 tires
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
UPDATE:

Got a new compressor from a used car and installed for $850. Dealer reset all codes and will check codes for me to see if there will be indicators that anything else in the system is awry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts