Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used c320 and have no manuals. Is there anyway to shut off the AC with one touch...rather than hitting the 0 a bunch of times?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Read below spdudette

Ok i dont know much about the EC mode, i never use that, but here what i do to turn the AC off in one touch, out the AC nob on 0 so its turned off, then turn the auto AC button on, this way the AC works cooler or warmer depending the temp. so when u want to turn the AC off all you have to do is press the AUTO button and it turns off because when you turn the AUTO button off it goes to manual mode which is on 0 any way so it goes off, hope this helps u

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Read below spdudette

Hi all<br> I am from Singapore got my C200 Kompressor model last Dec 01.<br> Regarding Aircon setting this is how we set the AC here in the tropics based on this model.<br> <br> 1] Turn the lefthand knob Airflow rotary switch to '0' should be 'OFF' position<br> 2] Next set the desired temp. with the 2 'Temp. rotary knobs' in the middle of control panel.<br> 3] Press 'Auto' <br> <br> As for 'EC' mode it meant the AC compressor is cut off. The temp. in your car will gradually gets warmer. Use EC mode only when the temp. in your car is too cold.<br> <br> My C200 is RHD version from South Africa. I dont know if the AC control panel is the same type as those in US models. Anyway hope this helps.<br> <br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Read below spdudette

I have a c320. there are two auto buttons that can also be turned as dials, but none of them have a 0 on the dial panel. When i press either auto button, the air conditioning turns on, but pressing the auto button again will not turn off the AC. Rather it turns off the auto indicator on the led display. To turn off the air completely, i have to hit the 0 button until the fan shuts off...which is quite bothersome.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SPDUDETTE, read this

Dude, im beinning to think you dont have an AC in your car LOL, i was just kidding, listen, if u have a benz and its new there has to be a dial to the left that has 0 at the bottom of the dial and you turn it from from left to right, when your reach as much right as possible then your would have reached the 0, its not numberd,just 0 is the only number there, there has to be 2 round nobs at the bottom of the AC controls, one is on the left and one is on the right, the left is what i was refering to, the right is to control how the air comes out from for example if its going to be from top vents, bottom vents, etc. now if still u cant find it please take a pic of your control unit and posted so i can take a look at it and help you ok

·
Registered
BMW E60 & SLK 280 R171
40 Posts
EC & AUTO

EC just pushes the air thru' without cooling it. to do a one touch off: i set the AC Knob to 0 & then hit the AUTO to turn on & off.

·
Registered
E500S4, C240; Sold ML320, '72 280SE, '67 280SL, '86 300E, '87 300SDL
383 Posts
C320 has different controls...

try doing a search, I know I have seen it before. I have C240 with the standard climate control (like most people in here I guess). If you can't get anything from here, try mbworld.org (but too many kids with C230 coupes though)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts