Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ML430 & C280
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AC is not working...Im hoping it just needs to be recharged. Is this something I can do myself?
Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My A/C has just also died overnight within the last two weeks and after speaking to a family member who is a mechanic i was told that it most likely just needs to be regassed. As its coming into winter in Australia im just waiting till the car needs servicing. But i was advised to not use the A/C when its low on gas as it may damage the compressor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The W202 body has a problem with the ac system. The front condinser is not protected from road debris. I took a small rock in the front and I lost all my freeon. The part was $550. It was easy to replace but time consuming. Take a look at your front end and see if you have had the same happen to you.

·
Registered
1996 C280
121 Posts
I had to replace my A/C Compressor because the clutch burned out. I picked up a refurbished compressor and a new dryer for $500 + $50 core for the old stuff, also most cars require freon gas, most the Mercedes need liquid freon.

·
Registered
ML430 & C280
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Waited for a service to get it checked out. The compressor is bad and mercedes suggested replacing the dryer at the same time. Total cost = $1600. I think I will shop around, maybe find something online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts