Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 ML 430,95 Volvo 850,98 Mitsubishi Eclipse,88 Goshen coach,99 SLK 230, 2003 BMW X5,05 LR Defender
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, any help would be greatly appreciated as i cannot find any info on this anywhere.
It is possible i'm using the wrong terminology so correct me if i'm wrong.
I have a 2008 CLS550, the ac is fairly warm on idle and cools a bit while driving. The fan turns on and all seems original. I think it might have had some issue in the past causing the low pressure or so i assume.
I purchased some freon and a universal adapter kit so the hose attached to the refill can would fit. Unfortunately i cannot find anything that will fit and i prefer to do it myself. Seems like there is a thread where the nipple is and i would need a male to female fitting in order to make this work. Does anyone know of the size and thread type or with a link where i can buy one? Cant find one anywhere and i somehow doubt my 4 year old MB is the first to have this type of a fitting.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
99 ML 430,95 Volvo 850,98 Mitsubishi Eclipse,88 Goshen coach,99 SLK 230, 2003 BMW X5,05 LR Defender
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Perhaps i am incorrect and am accessing the upper line, can anyone explain where the re-fill line is exactly. Thanks

·
Registered
2006 CLS500
77 Posts
The A/C lines are on the left front wheel strut. They are about 5 inches apart. One is skinny the other is larger. The larger line is the one you need. Just remove the screw cap and put your refill can there. Wear eye protection. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i only found 1 with a black cap, but it has a female thread and none of the generic cans will fit.
I will look for the other one, cant be tought to find if they are that close together.
Thanks!
The A/C lines are on the left front wheel strut. They are about 5 inches apart. One is skinny the other is larger. The larger line is the one you need. Just remove the screw cap and put your refill can there. Wear eye protection. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts