Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 96 G320 the blower started working intermittently, then starterd to surge a couple of days later. Now it will not come on at all.
Fuses and relay are good. Switch seems to be. It will supply power to the relay.
My question is, can I get to the electrical connection on the blower with out dismantling the dash completly? I could not see the connection while I had the center of the dash apart looking at the back of the switch.
Any other ideas beside the blower motor itself would be apreciated. I frankly don't want to hear that anyway.

Thanks

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
You probably don't want to hear this either, but the closest you can get to the blower (electrically) is the plug on the back of the switch.

Oh wait.... YOu said G 320. I could be wrong then. My experience is only with 280GE, an earlier model. But on mine the wire goes straight from the fan switch plg to disappear into the side of the blower housing.

If your air inlet wasn't covered with the AC evaporator, I'd suggest you reach down in there and try to turn the blower fan by hand. And if the evap comes out easily at all, I'd still suggest that.

-Dave G.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts