Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 2003 C240 4MATIC. I WAS DRIVING ON HIGHWAY GUN THE GAS AN MY AIR CONDITIONER STOP COOLING IT WILL STILL BLOW BUT DOES NOT GET COLD AND THE THE AC OFF LIGHT WILL NOT GO OFF. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,441 Posts
I can't remember which year they changed it, but does your button say "EC" or "AC"? When the light is on the EC button, it means the compressor is NOT on (EC = economy mode, no compressor). If your button is labeled "AC", then the light come on when the compressor is running. When the light won't off on the EC button, it means that something is preventing the compressor from engaging, often low or high pressure in the system, or a failed compressor clutch. I've not heard of the light not going off on the AC button. Maybe it means the same thing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually I Change the compressor , the refrigerant and expansion valve . so still same problem when the car stopped , compressor engage and while I am driving a car the compressor cut in and cut off many times after that flash light coming off and it is will not go off.:confused:

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,441 Posts
Did you replace the dryer also? If not, it may be clogged. If the light is flashing, that means that something is preventing the compressor clutch from engaging - a low or high pressure cutoff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts