Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,
I have the following diagnostic codes on my AC system when I run the onboard diagnostic program:

EB1227
EB1231
EB1234
EB1416
EB1422
EB1424

Decoded:
1. Outside Tem indicator temp sensor(014)
2. ETC sensor(B11/4)
3. ETC sensor(B32 ? or B12)
4. Coolant Circulation pump(P.113 ?)
5.Series Interface(K1) connection to instrument cluster((A1)
6. Activated charcoal filter actuator(A32m2) open.

I am not sure if these are current or have been there a while.
Is there a way to clear these and see if they come back?

How should I proceed?

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Is this for a 2000 E320 ? you have one confused controller. Has it ever been replaced or is it the original one ?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Clear the codes and run the test again. After all codes are read press both the auto buttons to clear. Then do the test again.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its the original controller but I had all errors cleared on it through an SDS system a couple of years ago.
I think my DTC must be permanent because I could no clear them using the directions that Kajtek1 kindly sent. It may be an operator error.

Its an E320 MY2000

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Error codes can only be erased after each of them has been gone through. Use the right Auto button to go through every code. When the screen shows E FF, you need to press both AUTO buttons. This will clear the code. After that turn the ignition off and Then do the test again and post the codes that come up.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Its the original controller but I had all errors cleared on it through an SDS system a couple of years ago.
I think my DTC must be permanent because I could no clear them using the directions that Kajtek1 kindly sent. It may be an operator error.

Its an E320 MY2000
For 2000 E320, the information for the Outside temperature and the engine coolant temperature comes from the instrument panel over the K1 signaling line. If the K1 line has a problem (which the fault codes indicate), the ETC and outside temp information is likely not available, and the controller uses the last known values.

Try posting the sensor values from 1 to 43, which would show the sensor values, as well as configuration of the controller (version coding).

Other errors like the aux coolant pump, and smog actuator motor could be hard electrical failures which should be addressed separately.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks illstplaya. I was pushing just one AUTO button.
All codes cleared up when I followed your instructions.

The Values I read are as follows:

1 76
2 91
3 46
4 44
5 44
6 177
7 14
8 109
9 53
10 1.3
11 1.2
12 3.9
20 10.3
21 44
22 00
23 32
24 13.3
40 164
41 85
42 40
43 136

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MrBoca, there is the last column on the document in the link labeled Test step/Remedy --what is the referring to? I guess its a section in the full manual.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
If you click on the square next to the sections, it will bring you to how to do the troubleshoot / remedy.

I reference sections like this, so smart people like you, can do the troubleshooting more in depth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
4 Participants
dilsingh
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing