Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 E320 / 1999 ML 320 (2)
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AC compressor has been working intermittently.

When it disengages and starts blowing hot air I can pop the hood and move the wire around that connects to the top of the compressor and it comes back on and works for a while until I have to repeat the process maybe next day.

Has anyone had any issues with the connection at the compressor or is this a bigger problem?

Any help or guidance here would be greatly appreciated - it was 90 degrees farenheit in the Northeast yesterday.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did as you instructed 43sqd -

I disconnected the plug from the compressor and thoroughly cleaned (oil and grime) it and the female side with MAF sensor spray. I also hit both sides with compressed air real good. Then I reconnected everything with a small drop of crazy glue to help keep the 2 sides mated.

So far so good.

Thank you Sir!

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes Benz ML320
502 Posts
I did as you instructed 43sqd -

I disconnected the plug from the compressor and thoroughly cleaned (oil and grime) it and the female side with MAF sensor spray. I also hit both sides with compressed air real good. Then I reconnected everything with a small drop of crazy glue to help keep the 2 sides mated.

So far so good.

Thank you Sir!
I hope your A/C clutch will work reliably.

If you have again the problem, then you have an additional element to blame - the Crazy Glue. Thin liquid may be pulled by capillarity forces further than planned, and at curing that may become a solid layer reducing metal contact surface.
mercbentz

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...... just a small bead of glue on the EXTERIOR of the connection to keep it in place - truck is ice cold now - with no interruptions.

When electrical connectors become brittle and weak, this strategy has always worked for me - exterior only gents.

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes Benz ML320
502 Posts
...... just a small bead of glue on the EXTERIOR of the connection to keep it in place - truck is ice cold now - with no interruptions.

When electrical connectors become brittle and weak, this strategy has always worked for me - exterior only gents.
It's your car, so you can do whatever works for you.

CA based - Crazy - Glue can interact chemically with certain plastics, and make them brittle.

The connector has a locking mechanism - if broken, you could have used insulation tape, to wrap around. Collapsed contacts can be brought back to original shape with a fine screw driver.

Gel glue can be used to prevent uncontrolled penetration of liquid glue inside or between the contacts.

mercbentz

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's your car, so you can do whatever works for you.

CA based - Crazy - Glue can interact chemically with certain plastics, and make them brittle.

The connector has a locking mechanism - if broken, you could have used insulation tape, to wrap around. Collapsed contacts can be brought back to original shape with a fine screw driver.

Gel glue can be used to prevent uncontrolled penetration of liquid glue inside or between the contacts.

mercbentz

Dear Sirs,

After revision of my Denso AC compressor I noticed a small leak coming from te electrical connector. At first I thought it was related to te gasket on the connector and started looking for a part number. I ended up reading this thread and noticed the statement from @mercbentz that the connector has a locking mechanism? What kind of locking mechanism? Appreciate anyone that could clarify this for me. Until I thought it just was a pop in connection.

Thanks allot in advance and regards from The Netherlands!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts