1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
2020 GLC 300 4Matic, '19 GLS; '05 C240 Wagon, '04 G280 from Italy
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and thank you in advance.
Issue:
  • with AC on via Auto or blower dial, I am experiencing something new. More cold air on driver side footwell regardless of the location setting (upper, mix, bottom).
  • Also, the AC has been shutting off when on Hi or Auto.
Does anyone know what this can be and how to correct?

Vehicle: Late 2004 C240 Wagon, 101K miles. Serviced by Mercedes dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings and thank you in advance.
Issue:
  • with AC on via Auto or blower dial, I am experiencing something new. More cold air on driver side footwell regardless of the location setting (upper, mix, bottom).
  • Also, the AC has been shutting off when on Hi or Auto.
Does anyone know what this can be and how to correct?

Vehicle: Late 2004 C240 Wagon, 101K miles. Serviced by Mercedes dealership.
There is a linkage that goes to the flaps that open and close the vents. The linkage is know to break especially on the floor vents. Mine does this on both side on the floor. There is a DIY over at MBworld.org stickied at the top of the W203 section. It says something about noise coming from the climate control.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
Try the damper server reset/test procedure - press and hold RECIRC + FRONT DEFOG until their indicator lights start to blink. If they stop blinking after 20-30 seconds, then it may fix the problem and that verifies the dampers are working correctly. If they don;t stop, you definitely have damper problems - bad linkage or servo.

·
Read Only
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked out MBWorld and will investigate. I am not a mechanic but I will share the "how-to" with my Benz mechanic. Excellent feedback and thank you.

There is a linkage that goes to the flaps that open and close the vents. The linkage is know to break especially on the floor vents. Mine does this on both side on the floor. There is a DIY over at MBworld.org stickied at the top of the W203 section. It says something about noise coming from the climate control.

·
Read Only
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rodney, this too is excellent feedback. I had no idea the units have a reset feature like our personal computers. Hilarious! :thumbsup:

Try the damper server reset/test procedure - press and hold RECIRC + FRONT DEFOG until their indicator lights start to blink. If they stop blinking after 20-30 seconds, then it may fix the problem and that verifies the dampers are working correctly. If they don;t stop, you definitely have damper problems - bad linkage or servo.

·
Read Only
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE:
I tried the reset (defogger / recycle) and the lights flashed alternating side to side and I can hear the air cycling through the duct work from top to bottom, vent etc.

ISSUE: the lights never stopped flashing until I turn the car off about 5 min. later.

? I guess this means there's a problem right?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
Yep, you have a problem in the damper controls. You need to get the diagnostic codes read via SDS (a generic OBDII scanner will not work).

·
Read Only
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. I see $$$$. Lol.

I will share this info with my mechanic. I would like to take my car to the dealer but it will cost way more than it should, but, there's a warranty for the work and backing of the company.

Does anyone know what two linkages should cost from a dealer (California)?

Yep, you have a problem in the damper controls. You need to get the diagnostic codes read via SDS (a generic OBDII scanner will not work).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts