Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
08 C300
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Electrical Cooling Fans won't engage

So my electrical cooling fans for some reason stopped engaging and I already checked the fuse (fuse 44) and I'm kinda stuck on what I should do now? what else should I check for? And the AC is engaging and its coming out colder but it isn't cold like enough with the fans on.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,104 Posts
Are you referring to the two electrical Cooling Fans in the front of the truck or the Blower Motor under the dash?

·
Registered
08 C300
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you referring to the two electrical Cooling Fans in the front of the truck or the Blower Motor under the dash?
Opps I mean the two electrical Cooling Fans in the front of the truck

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,104 Posts
With the engine fully warmed and the A/C on, you will have to see that the compressor clutch engages and turns. Then shortly after that both A/C fans should come on.

Then watch the A/C fans and when they turn off immediately look at the compressor clutch and see if it is also not turning. This will indicate that you do not have the proper level of refrigerant

Attachments

·
Registered
08 C300
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the engine fully warmed and the A/C on, you will have to see that the compressor clutch engages and turns. Then shortly after that both A/C fans should come on.

Then watch the A/C fans and when they turn off immediately look at the compressor clutch and see if it is also not turning. This will indicate that you do not have the proper level of refrigerant
The problem with that is that AC fans never turn at all; they stay stationary the whole time.... As of the compressor clutch, it does rotate and I used a AC refill "bottle" and it showed the refrigerant was good amount.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,104 Posts
The problem with that is that AC fans never turn at all; they stay stationary the whole time.... As of the compressor clutch, it does rotate and I used a AC refill "bottle" and it showed the refrigerant was good amount.
With the key in pos. #2, use a test light or volt meter & check to see that there is 12v at both contacts on the top of fuse #44. If so, then remove relay K26 and using a a fashioned 10 gauge jumper wire, jump cavities 30 & 87 on the fuse box and the fans should come on.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts