Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320 (x2)
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything has been great for a while, so I was about due for an issue.

When I lightly push the brake pedal, the ABS light turns on. When I apply moderate to hard pressure on the brake pedal, the light goes off.

Here's some answers to questions from other ABS related threads. I have:

1. Stock rims and tire size.
2. Replaced brake light switch today.
3. No codes via my ODBII scanner

During the day I plan to check for corrosion of the ABS wires under the washer fluid reservoir and for chafing of the wires near the rear wheels.

Is there anything else I should check for? If I take the truck to Autozone will their scanners be able to read the ABS codes, or do they just have ODBII scanners? Or am I stuck with the dealer on this one?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
90 300E
278 Posts
Everything has been great for a while, so I was about due for an issue.

When I lightly push the brake pedal, the ABS light turns on. When I apply moderate to hard pressure on the brake pedal, the light goes off.

Here's some answers to questions from other ABS related threads. I have:

1. Stock rims and tire size.
2. Replaced brake light switch today.
3. No codes via my ODBII scanner

During the day I plan to check for corrosion of the ABS wires under the washer fluid reservoir and for chafing of the wires near the rear wheels.

Is there anything else I should check for? If I take the truck to Autozone will their scanners be able to read the ABS codes, or do they just have ODBII scanners? Or am I stuck with the dealer on this one?

Thanks!!
Autozone wont have nothing you don't have so don't waste your time,as far as your ABS,when my abs went out I realized it was the module not the pump itself. The washer tank is right on top of the abs and my tank started to leak which found its way inside and ruined my module. You might want to check for that. I realized it was the module because I took out the plugs and I powered the pump separately and saw that it turned on. Hopefully that was some help but good luck.

GJ

·
Registered
'07 C280 4matic, '06 530i, '98 ML320
1,562 Posts
Possible culprits are (in no particular order): ABS pump, ABS relay, ABS sensors on each wheel. If I were you, I would start with the relay and then clean the sensors (by removing each wheel).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts