Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1991 300E 3.0L base
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know the part numbers for the two relays in the ABS pump would be? Replacing the OVP relay solved the high idle with replacement, now the fuse maybe causing it to short could be the ABS pump chrome/silver looking one German Auto Doc states there are two, hard to source by mechanic, but that the chrome one tends to go bad and could cause the ovp to fry and abs light to be on dealer says to bring it in to find part number, found the part numbers below.

It is a bosch unit

Attachments

·
Registered
1991 300E 3.0L base
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Not necessarily two "fuses" per se, but one bigger 50amp and one 30amp relay - the chrome one, there are two and the master part list shows the two also at 7zap

Big black one and a nice looking chrome one

Black part number 0015426519 -hard to source except for ebay or maybe a meyle part
4pin 50amp

Chrome colored (the one that tends to go bad) -available online or special order
6pin 30amp or something

/
0332002178 - Bosch one

·
Registered
1991 300E 3.0L base
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So the high idle is now corrected after the OVP change, but there is a new cold start and low idle issue, along with the abs light on, wonderful.

I like his explanations and work for my first experience at the German Auto Doctor in Simi Valley, Ca.

With th ABS warning light is on, he suspects its the chrome relay at ABS pump, and that the old OVP beforehand wasn't allowing it to sense the ABS warning before. I read that ovp solves ABS light from being on, but a bad relay is a bad relay (two possible bad relays in my case)

Ultimately the explanation is that ABS relay is what is causing the OVP to fail by grounding out and shorting the system continuously.

I have about 2 weeks to change the relay before it keeps grounding out and risking messing up the new OVP. New abs relay arrives tuesday.

I'm seeing that the average repair is around 300$ for the OVP relay.

Mine included a second inspection in the final invoice bcoz I had paid in the morning cash for initial inspection to get the ball rolling, and then on a separate invoice the inspection was charged again.
Final invoice after the labor and parts and job was done.

He offered to pay back 100$ for the extra inspection. I said to hang on to it and let's fix this car. (but he'd gladly return it at anytime- I really appreciated it)

Turned out to be the OVP. OVP was replaced and he somehow sourced a part very fast, possibly with URO part because they are local to Simi. Even if not, I suspect that it may be a bad new OVP because many have had to attempt several OVPs new to get one that works properly. (Hairline cracks in the fuse or bad soldering and design)

I'm glad to have rooted out the high Idle problem out so now its just the other issue emerged along with stumbling and very poor cold starting. Almost more disturbing then the initial issue.

I will get a genuine part likely eventually and have it changed and have the uro as a spare.

Reposting because I responded to my own thread and I guess maybe everythought I had gotten a response, but I've yet to here your guys thoughts.

-300 E guy

·
Registered
1991 300E 3.0L base
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Also the car doesn't Rev to 1400 for 27 seconds anymore. Just starts and glugs around for a little while until warmed. Like really sluggish until warmed, accellerator depressed and it will cut out slightly until warmed. Maybe the eha got adjusted to run a little leaner or richer, not sure but am going to stop by tomorrow and ask, and confirm the ABS relay that's bad.

Solved see thread

·
Registered
1991 300E 3.0L base
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Link to peachparts URO response

Original Mr. O'Brien thread

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
3,099 Posts
To make sure relay is the right one see picture the - yellow arrow is a 12 volt relay the other the green one is the abs brake pressure regulator.. To make sure yourself remove the cover just one bolt in the centre to be sure number will be on top of each relays ,See pic of ABS modual if its been opened up the pins inside might not be upright = no conection.
pic05.jpg
Screenshot 2021-06-20 at 10-12-38 300E ABS RELAY - Google Search.png

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
3,099 Posts
Remove the ABS cover one screw,, then check the numbers on the top of each of the two relays ...If you go to a pick and pull those numbers on the relays must be the same numbers as the one you pull out of your car.,,, and not because it looks like it . Also check ABS pump at pick and pull and see if the number is the same as your pump,, if so then the relays relays will be ok .,.. .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts