Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ABS light comes on after about 20 mins. If i switch ign off and back on it resets itself and is fine for a while. Any ideas out there?

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
Most likly the the sensors are dirty! Easy clean job! Just remove the wheel tire and you will see where the sensor goes into the hub. Just unbolt pull out the sensor and clean the crud off! Not sure which model car you have but there are sensors in the rear to. My E420 was in the the side of the differential. Just remove and clean. Hopefuly thats the problem if not bad sensor.[:(][:(][:(]

Smokie

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had thought of that but in the past a bad sensor has always showed up as soon as you start up. this one comes on after being driven for 20 mins. I guess i will have to get a test meter on it before i tear things apart. I do have a spare control module if needed. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
My ABS light came on after about 30 minutes of driving. Shut the car, turn it back on and it would come on later. While this was going on the ABS would activate under slow braking like coming to stop at a light.

Do as the smokie says above. You don't even have to take the wheel off, just turn it to one side...there are two allen bolts holding the sensor on each wheel. Take them out and flush them with some brake cleaner spray. Flush the holes they go into especially! Worked like a charm for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts