1996 Mercedes Benz W210 Avantgarde E200 Petrol Engine
3 Posts
Welcome jeunhorng,
===>>> Update your user CP info....

click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save

1) Did you scan and erase codes?
2) Did you use genuine oem BLS or a generic part? Generic ones can be a problem.
Thanks for your reply. I have asked my mechanic and he already did scan and erase the code like reset it. And currently using some other brand part for K40 relay control. Does BLS is the genuine oem part for mercedes?

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
7,215 Posts
Get the car scanned and post the fault codes here. It will be a guesswork without the fault codes, and follow-up testing to confirm. All these parts you replaced cannot go bad at the same time. Even if the fault codes are cleared, they will come back if the problem is not fixed. So you can take the car, and have it scanned for the fault codes from the Traction module.

·
Registered
1996 Mercedes Benz W210 Avantgarde E200 Petrol Engine
3 Posts
Get the car scanned and post the fault codes here. It will be a guesswork without the fault codes, and follow-up testing to confirm. All these parts you replaced cannot go bad at the same time. Even of the fault codes are cleared, they will come back, if the problem is not fixed. So you can take the car and have it scanned for the fault codes from the Traction module.
Thank for your reply. My car already taken back from workshop 2 days ago and asked my mechanic that the computer shown ABS Pump fault. I have tried so many used ABS Pump but the fault is still there. My mechanic also installed that ABS Pump in another car and appear no fault code after scanned. Then My mechanic suspect might be the K40 Relay Module problem (random brand). Could this module might affect the ABS and ETS light came on as well? Just want to double confirm before i buy this. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
7,215 Posts
In the module above, there is a relay that supplies power to the Traction module. The contacts of the relay may be pitted and it can cause a voltage drop which can cause the the ETC lamp to come on. If this causes the problem or not is very simple to confirm. With the key in position 2 (run), he can jump (short) the relay contacts with a jumper wire (to reduce resistance (or jump 12V battery voltage to the wire that goes to the Traction module), then start the car . If there is no warning light, then the relay module is bad.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts