Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrg! My lights are on and stay on in the car. I read the manual and it stated that they'd all three come on if there was a low voltage issue. Anyone have any problems with this?

I see the news flash for alternator thingies at the top, I'm wondering if this could be why the service history on my car had a new battery put in under 8 thousand miles.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320
68 Posts
Hello John Boy,

Could that be the BAS (for Brake Assist System) and not BAF? The BAS light in my SLK 320 stays on occasionally. This happened also after I replaced the battery but after a few minutes the light was off. I can't remember where I read it from that says when you don't put enough pressure on the brake pedals the BAS light will stay on and this is something I seldom do. I use engine brake a lot to help in slowing down the car and also to prevent my wheels from getting a lot of brake dust. But when my car's BAS light stays on I've been putting pressure on the brakes even when the car's at a stop, just stepping on the brakes hard 2-3 times and it helps I think cause the BAS light doesn't stay on anymore. Give it a try and I hope it works for your car as well.

Good luck!
ATY

1 - 2 of 2 Posts