Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into buying a 2006 or 2007 C230. I'd rather go with the 2.5l V6 rather than the Kompressor mostly because its just a newer vehicle.

Im hoping to get the following features:

Navigation, 6 Disc, Spoiler, Moon Roof, and possibly the 7spd Tranny.

Im hoping for something around 32-33k out the door but i will be willing to spend as much time as necessary for negotiations.

If you guys could please list what you bought your car for (OTD Price) and what features yours came with i would REALLY REALLY Appreciate it as it will help in negotiations.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

·
Registered
2006 C280 4Matic
209 Posts
ummmm

exindust said:
Im looking into buying a 2006 or 2007 C230. I'd rather go with the 2.5l V6 rather than the Kompressor mostly because its just a newer vehicle.

Im hoping for something around 32-33k out the door but i will be willing to spend as much time as necessary for negotiations.

If you guys could please list what you bought your car for (OTD Price) and what features yours came with i would REALLY REALLY Appreciate it as it will help in negotiations.

Thanks in advance,

Josh
'06 C280 4 Matic
Moon Roof
CD Changer
Added Insurrance
Wheel & Tire Coverage for 100k miles (blew out 3 tires in 1 year & 1 rim)
and that cool ass tri-way key chain.
$34500

bought it in November of '05

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Since it's the last few months for the current body style you should easily get thousands off the sticker. Figure they typically run $34K sticker brand new with 7-spd, CD changer, moonroof not counting the Nav which is about $2K more. So it should be close to $30-32K depending on if you find one with nav or not as they stop making them soon and choices get more limited. Why not hold out for the new body style?

·
Registered
47 Posts
this probably wont help but here is is anyway

2005 black on black 25k miles, ipod kit, sunroof, heated seats, winter tires
$23,000 used pretty good condition

·
Registered
05' C230 Kompressor Sedan
47 Posts
exindust said:

Thanks in advance,

Josh
Josh,06'-07' I believe only come with the six cylinder,I have an 05' which was I believe was last year for the I-4 Kompressor.Good luck

·
Registered
71 280se 3.5 Cab, 06 C230, 06 ML350
628 Posts
I bought my son an 06 230 with nav, 7sp, 6 disc CD, and sun roof in Feb on Ebay and paid $24,850. Add 850 shipping to the East Coast and you can say I 26K for the car.

·
Registered
1990 420SEL, 1979 450SEL, 1973 450SE, 2003 C320S, 2005 C230WZ, 2005 E320W Avantgarde
95 Posts
I highly doubt there are any brand new 2006s, so pricing for CPO, which is the only way I would recommend buying a used newer Mercedes, will be in the mid to high $20k range. Possibly low $30s with NAV, Xenons, Entertainment Pkg, and Full Power Seats.

A brand new 2007 C230 will be about $1500 to $2000 back of invoice. Mercedes-Benz no longer produces the W203, however there are enough left to last until June or July in most major metropolitan areas. Most 2007 C Class cars will be 230WZ with 7G, Sunroof, and 6CD.

Mercedes-Benz now produces a dealer installed non-comand Nav unit that mounts on the dashboard. This is for 05 and newer C-Class cars. With my experience, Comand is not the best option, however if the car has it, so be it. I have had nothing but trouble with nearly every Comand unit. From the disc drive not reading, to the audio gateway giving up, to the unit freezing, or not turning off period and staying on 24hrs until the battery dies, or I take it in.

Each time I have serviced the Comand, it gets a little better. So while I wouldn't rule it out, I wouldn't make it a must for Nav. The on-the-dash Mercedes-Benz accessory is great because it is reportedly a reliable Garmin unit that is sold on a retail basis to the non Mercedes public, and it gives you the opportunity to buy the right car. Not just one of a few cars that has Comand but is maybe not the best condition.

Also, don't rule out the Kompressor. That car is great. Better fuel economy than the V-6, the 07 is 19city 25highway. The 06 is 21city 29hwy. The 03-05 is 23city 32hwy. All with automatic. The 2007 230WZ is an alternative fuel vehicle. It runs on ethanol, and gasoline.

My opinion is the very early 05 cars and 04.5 cars with the 4 piston calipers are best. However if you prefer style over a small performance difference go for the 06 or 07. Incidentally I know where you can find a nice C32.

Mercedes Benz of Calabasas is a New, Certified Preowned, and Used Mercedes-Benz dealer serving Calabasas and Los Angeles.

This is a Certified car with the 4.9% for 36, 5.9% for 60mo special rates. If you don't mind the iffy fuel economy and a propensity for attracting police speed traps, this may be a good car, or one like it closer to wherever may live.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I found out from my Aunt who works at a Daimer-Chrysler Dealership she could grab me a dealer who could "supposedly get me a good deal" for an 07. Im really interested in leasing mostly because I have a bad habit of dumping cars every 1.5 years to 2 years, and end up losing money on them quite a bit anyways. Plus i just get tired of them so 2 years would be a good lease for me and ill be ready for a new car by then.

By leasing I guess that counts the Komp engines out because they are 3+ years old and I want a warranty.

Im not so concerned about speed, it is nice but ive had my share (01 Blown Mustang GT) (99 Saleen) so im more interested in quality and a comfortable ride im kinda over the speed thing for awhile.

The dealer quoted me:

$1884 Down and $399 a month for a 27 month lease.

or

$1884 Down and $381 a month for a 39 month lease.

You guys are most helpful i appreciate it, the guys on the mustang forums would just say " R U TEH STUPID?? JUST BUY 04 COBRA "

If anyone sees any flawed logic there, let me know.

Thanks,

Josh

Buying out of Southern California

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Buellwinkle said:
Wow, that's expensive. Around here they have specials for $299 with about $2K down for 27 months.

GREAT.... and this is supposed to be a good deal... I hate dealers.

·
Registered
Oo == oO 98 E320
674 Posts
exindust: we don't even know where you are located. Lease programs are typically different by region so the manufacturer can move them out at the pace they need. In our area, the $399 deal you were quoted would be good with so little money up front; the 27 months sounds like it is exactly what you are looking for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well after about 9 hours of phone calls today i had 4 dealers drop out of the deal because they were either frusterated or couldnt make the deal.

I got a 27 month lease, 12k mi a year, Moon Roof, Entertainment Pkg, and 7 Speed Auto for a one time payment of 10,800 including all licensing registration and taxes.

The car MSRPs for 35,745 and i got it for 29,000 ish

this is a 2007 Iridium Silver C230

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes C230 Kompressor WITH MANY UPGRADES
11 Posts
Hey whats up man. Are you interested in a 6 speed mercedes benz c230 6spd with a popular aftermarket performace kit which increases 40 Horses made by kleemann, This car also has top of the line navigation system avic n3 dvd/mp3/cd/lcd screen. Also has upgraded headlights 07 model with XENON lights. This car is a steal bro, honestly. Check home.pacbell.net/rschuet for pics. email me back at [email protected] or call 1-408-5682629

·
Registered
Oo == oO 98 E320
674 Posts
Great job, exindust!

·
Registered
26 Posts
exindust said:
well after about 9 hours of phone calls today i had 4 dealers drop out of the deal because they were either frusterated or couldnt make the deal.

I got a 27 month lease, 12k mi a year, Moon Roof, Entertainment Pkg, and 7 Speed Auto for a one time payment of 10,800 including all licensing registration and taxes.

The car MSRPs for 35,745 and i got it for 29,000 ish

this is a 2007 Iridium Silver C230
I am currently shopping the same vicinity for a C230/auto/sunroof/CD changer vehicle. What dealer did you finally go with? So far, I have found Downtown L.A. Motors to have the most competitive deal ($1500 drive-off and $360/month including sales tax). How much did you save by doing the one pay lease?

Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts