Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so its that time to get a new car and i set my mind on either a 1999 or 2000 slk 230 kompressor. i got a couple of questions first that hopefully some of you guys can help.

1. is it possible to have 19" rims on it with out rubbing?(i know tire size matters but i want something more than a few rubberbands wraapped around the rim)

p.s. i plan on getting these....

2. is it worth all the trouble to get the halo projector headlamps seeing i have to go out buy an adapter and all that other stuff?

3. and should i get this grill for it?(comes in both silver and black)

4. Should i get the fins to put on the hood and side fenders of the car to make it look more like an sl?

let me know please
and as a fist time site user thanks

·
Registered
99' 230slk Sport
98 Posts
IMO that grill is aweful...19's on this car would look too big for the overall look of the car...I think some go overboard with the giant rim size's on this car that is small to begin with, it takes away from the symmetry of the car! Looks like your going for "bling factor" which your combo would get you there!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO that grill is aweful...19's on this car would look too big for the overall look of the car...I think some go overboard with the giant rim size's on this car that is small to begin with, it takes away from the symmetry of the car!
the grill isnt important i just wanted some opinions on making it look ike the newer models.. il prolly keep the stock grill if not change it to something a little more of the same design... but for the rims i definitly thought 19's may be a little big( ive seen alot of pictures with huge rims nd i dont like it..

so with that in mind id rather go 18" for one its cheaper, nd for 2 19" may be too big..
but heres another question...should i get the wider rims in the back..or should i save the $100 nd get same size rims all around???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts