Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very frustrated.

I had an BMW X3 and the brakes where awesome at any speed.

My ML 420 is heavy and the breaking power was not enough.
My ABS is kicking immediately, but the main problem is that when I hit the brake pedal (not too hard), my direction is not stable.

I've replaced my front braking system with Brabus performance Brakes, but is the same thing !

I was thing that is whe weight of the car, but yesterday I had the chance to test an Porsche Cayenne Turbo. Awesome car !

The brakes is like the ones from BMW X3. Firm and relable.

Is this normal ? Is the Mercedes way or is just something wrong ?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yes, MB brakes dont "feel" as fast as the BMW ones but i think they perform as well. I have not had any issues with stopping in an emergency situation
However, if you change direction while applying the brakes then you should get it checked out...that is not normal

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Sounds like something is wrong. Yea, the ML has poor/soft pedal feel. But stopping distances are reasonably short with good stability.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My ML 420 is heavy and the breaking power was not enough.QUOTE]

did you say ML420 cdi? new v8 diesel? what year is it? these are comming to the us soon and i cant wait, i have a 07 ml350 i got with the mercedes master lease deal for employees, at the time it was only e350's and ml350's, now everything is on there from cls550 to ml320 cdi, i wish i had waited, mercedes pays more for the truck then me!

sorry to get side tracked, if the truck it plling while braking then something is wrong, keep in mind that if there are inperfections in the road serface that will cause it, even different texture asphalt (road repair and what not) will cause this, try hard stops from about 50 in a parking lot to make sure its not the road, if it still does it take it to the dealer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts