Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing an Alpine Fiberoptic adapter (interface) for my IPOD integration. There is an "Abilitation" (Abilit.) blue wire to be hooked up but the pin it goes to already has an 18 pin plug in it, so I'm stuck. This is on a 201 S600 COMAND unit.
Thanks!

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
Is this an after market iPod integration kit or something? I'm not aware of MB iPod integration for a 2001 car (have not heard about it). Or is it a kit that connects to the AUX port.

Would it be the blue antenna power line from the HU?

·
Registered
ML500
140 Posts
I'm installing an Alpine Fiberoptic adapter (interface) for my IPOD integration. There is an "Abilitation" (Abilit.) blue wire to be hooked up but the pin it goes to already has an 18 pin plug in it, so I'm stuck. This is on a 201 S600 COMAND unit.
Thanks!
What pin does it connect to ? It could be the wakeup connection, all fibre optic devices go in a loop, and the wakeups all connect together to tell all the devices to wakeup and turn on their fibre optics. This is so that the system can work when the ignition is off, but doesnt use lots of power up and flatten the battery

Richard

·
Registered
RHD C200K Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
451 Posts
What pin does it connect to ? It could be the wakeup connection, all fibre optic devices go in a loop, and the wakeups all connect together to tell all the devices to wakeup and turn on their fibre optics. This is so that the system can work when the ignition is off, but doesnt use lots of power up and flatten the battery

Richard
Hmm - so I hooked mine up in the glovebox, in place of the factory changer, so I just used the changer power connection...

Part number for the Connector Socket to plug into the changer supply is A 030 545 59 28, and the pins (you will need 3) A 032 545 39 28. I paid like 6 GBP for 2 sockets and 6 pins.

Power should be super straight forward - from DICE (Alpine) side :

Black -> Brown
Red -> Red
Blue -> Blue/Black

The Blue wire on Alpine changer adapter should be connected to the d2b wakeup wire on the car side - on an '04 C series, it's a black wire with blue stripe...

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
Oh yes, I was looking after a blue wire from the HU but you were referring to the after market device wiring which does not follow the MB colours. The advice from Richard and UK-C200 match and sound right, forget the blue cable from the HU.

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually just tapped into the blue/black wire (approx. 24 ga) and it seemed to work. The power to the HU on a W220 is red/yellow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts