Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
You sure the module is good? Swap with a known good one.

10 bar on ABC is catastrophic failure, but you say you don't have any other issues.

Could be wiring from ABC pressure sensor to module, or bad module.

Reactions: Dave2302

W220 Moderator
Q. How can you test something hydraulic with only one pipe to it for an internal leak ?

A. You can't, and even if it did have an internal leak it would drop overnight but still wouldn't stop the system from building pressure !

The issue is not your Struts, ovenight test is good ;)

You removed the ABC Controller, had it messed with and it worked (for a while), I suggest you buy a good used controller, plug it in and try that, if it cures your issue, check the Ride Heights with a tape and if they are OK leave well alone, if not get it re calibrated ;)

Also before fitting it, check and record any Version Codings, then double check the used unit when fitted, but AFAIK they will be the same, don't know for certain, never ever had to change one ;)

HTH,

Reactions: Deplore

Registered
CL600 year 2001
Thanks Dave - yes, you are right; if the struts have internal leak, they will leak also when the car is turned off and only blockin valves are keeping the oil. That works perfectly with my car. That is logical: I just did not realize that. And there is absolutely none leak outside, nowhere in that car.

But regarding the ABC control unit - I am not sure about that it only worked for a while. The very professional company just made the soldering again; they know what they do. My first tests after refurbishing the ABC control unit were succesful with +30 celsius oil. I repeated that test of pressure sensor when oil was some +50 celcius - which lasts around 15 - 20 min. The starting pressure was around 148 bar and at the end it was 136 bar. (Pls seee the photo).

Should it be that low or should it stay on higher level? Ijust tested one SL 55 AMG and it had 193 bar after driving some 100 miles.

At the end of the test STAR says: " The indicated value is less than 15 bar. The actual value is not O.K." ( Pls see the photo). And then it asks the change the pressure sensor..... Where does it get that 15 bar? Is that a problem in Control Unit? And where does it get at the same time the pressure 136 bar - from Pressure Sensor obviously. But why it reads it as being 15 bar???

I Understand that the pressure sensor has voltage output. I have measured that and it looks to give correct figures.

Attachments

Registered
CL600 year 2001
Can it be that the 136 bar is correct pressure, but the pressure sensor in the Mercedes is ment to measure only higher pressures - and 136 is far too low; and therefore the system just gives a low number - 15 bar, which is not a real figure?

And all that means that the pressure from the pump is not sufficient to get he measurement and controlling instruments to run/show proper figures?

W220 Moderator
Have you actually put a pressure gauge on this ?
Did you try another ABC controller ?

I think you are just wasting money keep buying Pumps, but as ever, I will stand corrected ;)

W220 Moderator
Surely worth doing to see if the Real Pressure is different to what the Module is seeing ?

Reactions: Chili58
41 - 48 of 48 Posts