Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
Im messing around with my 07 S600 and trying to get it to ride nicely. I feel like its riding too harsh.
The pump is good (190bar, drops to 180 under rodea) and replaced all 3 accumulators (as I consider them a wear item).
Ive changed from 21" to 19" which unfortunately didnt change the ride quality. (probably because the car was in some sort of fail safe mode, as explained underneath)

Just today I was messing around in DAS for the first time, and when I cleared all error codes the car rode remarkably better, even though there were no fault codes in relation to the suspension.

Anyhow, I noticed while messing around in the engine bay that the strut mount rubber bushings are entirely disintegrated. If i touch them with my finger, they just crumble and fall out. Its the red rubber bushing circled in the picture below.

I remember someone on the W220 platform cut their own and replaced them, but I read that they were redesigned for the W221, and not easy to replace as a DIY.

Has anyone any knowledge of these, and if they are serviceable/replaceable? Or if the only solution is new struts.
- The car has 110k miles, so It wouldn't be completely out of question to replace the struts, but they seem to be working fine except for the crumbling rubber.

Best regards!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey konigstiger.
Thanks for the response! Much appreciated.

Ok. I ordered the rubber bushings from Aliexpress. - Will update you on how they work!

Quick question. If I was to replace the front struts, could I potential get another benefit of better performace from the Arnotts?
I mean, I have no fault codes, the car raises and lowers like it should, and (other than my perception that the car rides to rough) everything seems to function properly, but would a new Arnott function "better" ? Or make the car feel "smoother"?

I guess the question is, can the strut perform bad without being "broken" ?

Best regards!
Morten

1 - 4 of 4 Posts