Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ML 320 W 163 1998 AND S500 W 220 2001
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS, I HAVE A 2001 S500 W220 , AND HAD TO REPLACE R FRONT STRUT. I REPLACED IT AND USED A SIMULAR COMPURE LIKE DAS TO SET THE RIDE HEIGHT ETC. EVERYTHING WAS OK. I HAD A RECALL ON CLUSTER AND ABC PRESSURE HOSE AND SHIPPED THE CAR TO THE DEALER. THE CHANGED THE HOSE BUT DIDN'T BLEED THE SYSTEM. NOW I HAD A CAR WITH A LEFT REAR SHOCKER LOWER THAN THE REST AND OFCOURSE ABC ERROR IN RED ON SCREEN. SO I READ THE MB WIS PROGRAM AND START BLEEDING THE SYSTEM. I DID THIS BUT NOW THE CAR WON'T RISE NO MORE AND THE CAR IS ON THE GROUND. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT HERE ?

·
Registered
W212 E350: AMG Sport/P2/Pano/Etc. & '09 Chevy Malibu / Sold M-B's: '06 E350 & '02 S500
514 Posts
Hey, I have a similar problem. Tonight my "Visit Workshop, ABC Error" showed up on the screen, could someone please explain what this problem means and how much damage I may be looking for to get it repaired $$ wise??

·
Registered
80 Posts
Had the same problem and after reading up on the proplem in WIS, I had the dealer bleed the system. They also felt that a lot of problems may be from a dirt speck in the system. After flush, no more messages and everything has been ok for the last 2k miles.
Cost about $600 for the bleed. It is pretty complicated because of all the bleed points.

·
Registered
W212 E350: AMG Sport/P2/Pano/Etc. & '09 Chevy Malibu / Sold M-B's: '06 E350 & '02 S500
514 Posts
Interesting. Update on mine is the Message didn't show up the next day fortunately. My Dealer guy told me to bring it in and he'd put more Hydrolic Fluid in which it needed, and which he said he though was the reason the Computer may have shown that Message so briefly.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Had the same problem and after reading up on the proplem in WIS, I had the dealer bleed the system. They also felt that a lot of problems may be from a dirt speck in the system. After flush, no more messages and everything has been ok for the last 2k miles.
Cost about $600 for the bleed. It is pretty complicated because of all the bleed points.
The important part is to flush the system and not bleed it. But it must be done in conjuction with the full DAS system.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 C320 Sedan, 1992 400e sedan
302 Posts
The red error message can show up for a number of reasons. Most commonly due to faulty valve block.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I know this is a vague question, but just as an idea I'd hopefully never need to see realized, with these "ABC"/Air Suspension problems, what's an "Average" repair cost? Considering I'd be going to an indie Shop at around $90 an hour? Just wanna have an idea for knowledges sake if nothing else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts