Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ABC system failed on my car for the 3rd time in 6 months, and was quoted 8,000 to fix it, so I figured it would be in my best interest to convert it from ABC to standard coilover suspension. Has anybody done a swap like this? I can only find AirMatic to coilover and would also be open to suggestions as to where I would find a kit. Thank you, and have a great day.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,872 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The most complete writeup I have seen is at https://www.benzworld.org/forums/r230-sl-class/2156657-abc-coilovers-conversion-ultimate-faq.html - it was for an R230, but it did indicate that Arnott makes a coilover conversion for ABC for at least that and one other model. Contact Arnott and see what they have to offer. Strutmaster may also have one.
So I called Strutmaster and Arnott, neither have the conversion from ABC. If you or anyone else knows somewhere I can get a conversion kit I would greatly appreciate the input 👍

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
May I ask what failures you had?
The dealership informed me the pump failed every time I brought it in, and it would not hold hydraulic fluid. Come to find out the valve blocks failed, causing premature breakdown of the ABC system. They fixed it for free. Less than a week later I traded the S600 for a Yukon Denali. I'm done with ABC. I love the car, hate the new tech.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts