Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 LHD SLK 200
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
can anyone shed somelight on this, my alarm keeps going off intermitently. When I lock the car, its stays off and maybe about 15 minutes later it kicks off, when i press the unlock button, it goes off , only to do it again maybe 20mins later, or if am lucky it stays off until i want to use the car. IS there anything i can do, maybe to reset the whole alarm system.I have checked all the doors making sure they all shut, one thing i notice as well is when it goes off and i press the unlock button ,the alarm goes off,but the lock is still pushed down.

Any info apprecaited

·
Registered
A160 W168 /2002
546 Posts
The problem is almost certainly being caused by a voltage drop after you set the alarm it only has to be very small, Check all door switches bonnet switch and the switch on the boot lid, the boot lid switch breaks and is then too short to fully operater the internal lights off .
make sure as you leave the car that the interior lights do go off after about 30secs and when the alarm sounds go to the car straight away as I suspect you do anyway, and check that there are no lights showing even the instrument cluster mileage should be off.
Also read through my alarm page as the scorpion alarm (not sure What you have) has a self diagnostic information .
Bert Rowe's-A-class info. Information A160/Feb 2002 Scorpion Car Alarm System.

·
Registered
A160 W168 /2002
546 Posts
Food for thought!
mention was made of leaving the car unlocked so that you could get some sleep!
Well why not lock it with the key manually the alarm then remains unset. but press the buttons down on the other doors first otherwise they can remain unlocked.
If it does go off then in my opinion the fault is on the alarm not the car.

·
Registered
2000 a160
4 Posts
a160 alarm

hi , i have a 2000 a160 and the alarm has a mind of its own , i lock the car and the alarm will go off 10 mins later and then about every 10-20 mins after that , another time i will lock the car and have no problem with it for about 2 weeks , i have checked the battery and alternator and all checked out good , i have checked all switches and door buttons and again all good , i have read through this site and tried everything suggested on here but to no avail , i am now thinking of disconnecting the alarm side of things but will need help locating that , if anyone has any ideas i would be grateful for any help before i distroy the car as its doing my head in , thanks in advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.