Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a problem and was wondering if anyone can help me

my car is a A150 3 door 2006 model W169

It has various dash lights on Abs, etc and airbag has deployed, however my main issue is that the car drives all fine, the only issue is it wont accelerate oer 30mph. It is as if the car is being limited somehow.

Dont know if the car is some safe mode??? any ideas help would be deeply appreciated

Many Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
A160 W168 /2002
546 Posts
If you say the air bag has deployed ( you don't say in what circumstances) then i would guess that the car has gone into 'get you home mode' and the the airbag will need replacing and the SAS resetting before normal driving will be possible. As far as I'm aware normal hand held diagnostics tools will not allow resetting of the Safety Restaint Systems.(SAS) system
I suspect to prevent re-setting of the system before the safety of the vehicle has been checked, normally when air bags deploy there is good reason and if as a result of an accident it's not just a case of re-setting SAS but re-placing the very thing that there to help save you life, the deployed airbag and undertaking a thorough inspection of the vehicle to check that it is safe to be on the road.

Bert Rowe's-Mercedes-Benz 'A'-class info. Air Conditioning Re Gassing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have now sorted the problem out, turned out to be a broken brake sensor, now car is driving fine,

Have just ordered new airbag and module, but having said this I am thinking maybe I am going to need an Airbag sensor, and if so where is it located, the one for the drivers seat airbag,,, any help would be great..

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts