Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I have read a lot about the "F" issue. Luckily I am not at that stage yet but I experience a gear slip when trying to move after slowing down or stopping eg at roundabouts. To overcome this slip i take my foot off the accelarator for a second or so and then try to accelarate gently again. This somehow gets the auto gearbox into 1st gear. This can happen when engine is cold or hot.

I cleaned the PCB inside the gear-stick console (as suggested from other reafers) - I think it made it better but the slip is still there but not as often as before.
Any suggestions how to resolve this gear-slip will be appreciated

A140 - auto - 1999 - 60K miles. Looked after very well
Many Thanks
Stavrich

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Forrera
Had a look at the thread and really got me worried (wish I didnt :(). I have read some other threads with your posts and I am confident that more than likely you are right with your diagnosis on my 140.
I dont think this is a job for me as I havent got the right equipment or know how to attempt it.

Question:- How much do you think it will cost, parts & labour, for somebody like you doing the job ( you are about 60 miles away from me).

The car although old is in very good condition and it would be a shame to write it off.
Cheers
stavrich

·
W168, W169 Moderator
A180 CVT, A170, A190, B200
469 Posts
this job sosts £800 all in, with a new drum not remanufactured.
one day job and I get customers from a lot further than 60 miles, mostly trade.

·
Registered
A160+A170+A190
13 Posts
this job sosts £800 all in, with a new drum not remanufactured.
one day job and I get customers from a lot further than 60 miles, mostly trade.
Hi, is this the price sending you the gearbox or bringing in the car ?
Is VAT included ?
Thanks
:)

·
W168, W169 Moderator
A180 CVT, A170, A190, B200
469 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts