Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to a site of a wreck of an '80 240D the driver & passenger walked away from.
A quote by the passenger was,"...alls that happened to us was that my friend got a cut on his arm. I was fine, except I got a bump on my head from when I took off my seat belt and fell on my head..."

http://www.geocities.com/mmnineinchnails/mercedescrash/mercedescrash.html

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
Here is a link to a site of a wreck of an '80 240D the driver & passenger walked away from.
A quote by the passenger was,"...alls that happened to us was that my friend got a cut on his arm. I was fine, except I got a bump on my head from when I took off my seat belt and fell on my head..."

http://www.geocities.com/mmnineinchnails/mercedescrash/mercedescrash.html
I wonder where they are located. That is one of the good reasons to drive 123 Diesel Mercedes. You get to
live and walk away from what would be lethal or crippling accidents.
John Gregg

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it was somewhere in California judging by the plates on the car. I did find out th...

I think it was somewhere in California judging by the plates on the car. I did find out that the car wasn't really driveable after the wreck. They cracked the oil pan and damaged the radiator and water pump.
They were able to open all the doors though! Now that's safety engineering. After a wreck like that in most cars you would even be able to budge the doors at all...if you were still alive!

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
If they lived near Dallas, and could do a two into one special, I would just give them my ...

If they lived near Dallas, and could do a two into one special, I would just give them my 123 parts car with bad engine for living through such an accident and walking away.

With most cars they would have been pushing up daisies.
John Gregg

·
Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
153 Posts
I have had some good first-hand experience with Mercedes and accidents, and I can tell you...

I have had some good first-hand experience with Mercedes and accidents, and I can tell you that the condition of that 240D is not a one-time luck shot. These cars are built serious - I was in my friends '82 300D and we hit someone head-on on a one lane (blind turn) drive at about 30-35 mph. We hit a Mitsubishi 3000GT. After the smoke from the airbags cleared (3000GT), the Benz was only pushed in on the front. It was still driveable enough to get it off the road. The 3000GT had frame damage, the airbags burned and cut the driver and passenger and the passenger hit the windsheild. Both parties in the Mistu were okay, but a little beaten. Me and my friend however didn't suffer a single injury besides a being a little sore from the seatbelt. The Benz's doors still function properly, the engine still ran, the car still drove.

Here's another accident story - this one I just happen to find on a website: http://www.mbspares.com.au/default.asp?d=268&p=156

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: If they lived near Dallas, and could do a two into one special, I would just give them my

If they lived near Dallas, and could do a two into one special, I would just give them my 123 parts car with bad engine for living through such an accident and walking away.
John Gregg
I'll check with them to see if they would be interested anyway.

·
Registered
Mercedes Diesels
145 Posts
Re: Re: If they lived near Dallas, and could do a two into one special, I would just give them

John Gregg
I am at [email protected] or my helper at [email protected]

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Notice how the passenger compartment is intact and the roof did not collapse. The car performed in the accident exactly as engineered. No matter what minor problems we may have with our cars from time to time, it’s good to know these are the safest cars in the world.

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Re: If they lived near Dallas, and could do a two into one special, I would just give

John Gregg
I am at [email protected] or my helper at [email protected]
I got a reply and unfortunatly they would not be able to make it to Dallas. They did appreciate the offer nonetheless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.