Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted this here as this man LIVED for MB and has been the MAIN reason why I have Kept mine so long. Remembering him here is very appropriate

Man Killed, Woman Injured In Motorcycle Crash - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

http://www.10news.com/news/18178323/detail.html#-

I JUST found out 2 minutes ago. He was my Mechanic. This guy was one of a Kind. I introduced him to his wife who was also on the Bike with him. She is still in Critical care right now as I type this. I do mean ONE OF A KIND.
Salt of the EARTH and I don't say that about many.

I thought he was just so nice to me because I am so cool then I saw he treats EVERYONE like that.

Example: Blew my radiator while I was in San Francisco so I call him for a local shop to go to. He hooks me up and THEN has a NEW Radiator Fed- Ex'ed to me so I won't get raped by the locals ON HIS DIME!! I try to pay him over the phone with a card for the $500.00+ Part but he just says " AHH Just give it to me when you get back to town" and hangs up! This is way before I introduced him to his wife and the Only relationship we have had to that point is he is the only person I ever take the Benz to because he is very good and VERY fair.

One of the things I could say so you would know what kind of guy he was. In order to get in to see him everybody in the know would go in at 5:30 or 6am because we knew he started early. Last time I went in before my trip I asked for his coffee order so I could fly and get us some and he nodded towards his desk...he had 4 cups already there and FOOD too! It was 5:45am

I saw Him a few days or so before this happened when I stopped by his shop so he could give the car a quick once over before our road trip to Utah for thanksgiving. The last thing he said to me was "Be Safe and enjoy your trip"

Dude was way cool and will be missed.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like he will be missed dearly. :(

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Nick, it is sad to hear of this.

But I'm not just sorry for your loss, his death is a loss to the rest of us, too. It is always a loss to humanity when good folks die early. I'll keep his wife, friends and extended family in prayer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
'Those whom the Gods love die young', sorry to hear a good person die so young. May his wife recover fully and soon and may his soul rest in peace. He and his family will be remembered in my prayers.
Drive safe.
Raj
From beautiful & exotic India.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss. I know from personal experience in my family just how deadly motorcycles are.

·
Registered
500 Posts
sorry to hear... sounds like he was great man... best wishes for his wife and son hope they recovers well...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for your thoughtful comments. We were thinking of what he would be saying right now if her were here and I can SERIOUSLY Hear him saying. " Good Luck finding another shop to put up with all of you like I did " Then Laughing his butt off!

I will admit his phone was always ringing off the hook with silly questions but he put up with it.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am sorry to hear about the loss of who sounds like a great person. I know what it's like to have a mechanic who you trust...in many ways they become your friend. All the best to his wife and I hope she recovers soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts